Sr. Systems Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet (OVN), is the Next Generation VisaNet. OVN will use best-in-class technology components to push the envelope as a highly scalable, secure, cost-effective and distributed application on commodity hardware. Open VisaNet (OVN) is one of Visa's Key initiatives which will help Visa support in-country and global processing solutions while providing Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Realizing the vision of OVN requires the collaboration of an exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure architects and business analysts. To support our development roadmap, we are creating a function to ramp up the creation and delivery of business requirements which articulate the current VisaNet business logic, both functional and non-functional. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Requirements and Business Analysis, this role in Bangalore will be accountable for generation and publication of business requirements for more than 330 discrete services and functions.
- Define and document detailed functional and non-functional (performance and operational) requirements for OVN.
- Work with Architecture and Development teams to refine and maintain templates for the requirements artifacts that will be produced by the team.
- Work with Architecture and Development teams to ensure detailed requirements are accurate, complete and can be understood by a diverse group of users.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team on creation of testing artifacts.
- Manage the lifecycle of requirement artifacts to elaborate requirements of OVN as needed.
- In addition to the responsibilities for requirements elaboration, the candidate will perform the role of a Product Owner on an assigned sprint team as needed.
- Acquire a good understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) concepts and play an active role in SAFe activities as required for the Product Owner role.
- Participate in Team Demos and Retrospectives
- Demonstrated experience with producing high quality requirements, documentation and user stories.
- Team player with experience collaborating with Subject Matter Experts, system architects and senior software engineers.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams across the globe.
- Ability to work across time zones as required.
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint and Wiki.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with periodic direction from management.
- Strong analytical, research, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Capable of forming and advocating for an independent viewpoint.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating and communicating.
- 6+ year track record of relevant work experience and an undergraduate degree in Information Systems, English, Journalism, Communications, or a related technology focused field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about Visa systems or applications.
- Some knowledge of the payment business as well as products and services provided by VisaNet.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 2-5% of the time