- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The technical leader will be responsible for:
- Lead and manage a development team; leverage the expertise of the staff and integrate activities; s/he will serve as key liaison between business, project management, and technical development staff to ensure that specifications and standards meet requirements
- Collaborate with development and analysis staff in remote locations; set clear, aligned goals and direction; delegate and provide candid feedback and coaching to maximize team competency
- Work with Network Product Development management team to formulate, plan and execute strategic initiatives
- Work with other directors and senior directors within the department to build seamless workflow and processes that will ensure efficient management of resources and the timely deliverable of projects and work units
- Collaborate and consult with other directors and senior directors in other parts of the organization to ensure that project’s objectives are aligned with quality standards, strategies, and goals
- Manage relationship with Product, Client Support Services and various PMO offices to ensure collaborative, smooth, healthy and open working relationship is maintained
- Keep senior management informed of progress and any obstacles impeding the successful implementation of projects
- Handle routine daily activities such as logistics, coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, planning, delivery, quality, customer/vendor relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency and other services
- Mentor and lead other members of the department in the area of development best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent technical degree) is required
- 10+ or more years of working experience in IT industry with at least 5 years of experience in development, customer support and tool automation.
- Extensive technical experience with developing payment applications on Mainframe platform
- Experience with dealing with Client Account Management resolving client issues
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership and resource management capacity
- Strong understanding of various development methodologies and their respective best practices
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of assessing risks and recommending risk mitigation
- Demonstrates thorough abilities as a successful team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation
- Proven ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organization
- You must be a self–starter and a team player interested in joining and maintaining a collegial work environment
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Process oriented and able to work independently with very minimal supervision
- Communicate with members of the department to set project timeline and deliverables
- Timely escalation to management or senior management
- Accurate reporting of status to project management, product office and resource management