Director – Strategic Sourcing - Marketing
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. As the lead for Market Research and PR, you are accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across all types of Market Research and PR by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. The Director will manage all of the Market Research and PR sub-categories and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
• Manages multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to Marketing’s functional objectives and Visa Inc. level goals with a focus on Market Research and PR
• Partner very closely with Visa’s Agency Management COE and Marketing Analytics Teams to measure and assess agency performance vs. negotiated KPIs and industry benchmarks
• Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple media agencies
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
• Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 10+ years of experience in Marketing Strategic Sourcing, Performance Marketing, or within a Marketing Agency
• 7+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies specific to marketing categories.
• In-depth understanding of the agency and production marketplace; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
• Deep understanding of marketing math/measurement and associated metrics
• Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for various marketing categories
• Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.