Network Security Lead (M&A)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Network Security Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s operational culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorised access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The successful candidate will join the Cybersecurity Engineering division and will be responsible for technical team leadership, implementation of the Security Engineering Operations program in a distributed global team. This person will lead a team of high performers, which have responsibility for the building, & maintaining of Visa’s Network Security technologies and environments.
This role must instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security operations while ensuring that business objectives are understood and adhered. Managing and reporting operations security risks in new and existing infrastructure designs are properly understood and supported.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide technical leadership in engineering support for security technologies across all network infrastructures. Have strong ITIL and process development skills. Focus to track systems health, develop a cognizant mean time between failure (MTBF) metric programs.
- Participate in major problem review meetings, processes improvement meetings as well actively contribute to the high-risk change review and analysis coordination reviews.
- Deliver operations support, assist in proof of concept phase to deployment and manage operational acceptance criteria for sustained engineering support for multiple security tools, including firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, Network admission controls and DDoS mitigation systems.
- Develop and optimize processes to improve security rules posture, to include orchestration, rules optimization, identification and labeling of rules ownership, expiry and participate in certification to attest security posture.
- Implement automated security metrics scorecard that enables executive leaders, line managers, and operational staff to spot and take action on security related incidents and reduce surface risks prior to implementation.
- Create, maintain and own tracking details of infrastructure surrounding the underlying network security systems to ensure the security tool deployments are operating effectively and with proven efficacy.
- Work closely within network operations team, coordinate with security engineering, and design teams within Visa.
- Collaborate with internal audit, controls teams as well external party security audit requests and agencies.
- Manage effectively reported system, application and device vulnerabilities and through remediation and maintenance in adherence with incident response policies.
What we’re after…
- Extensive experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or mid-level experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or experience with a PhD
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Mid-level to extensive experience in the network/security engineering and/or security areas with experience in participating in developing operational models, executing in a demanding and support organisation.
- Technical leader with mid-level experience in providing deep technical knowledge running enterprise firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, network admission controls (NAC) and cloud as well on premise distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation systems
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, Network admission controls and on premise distributed denial of service DDoS mitigation systems, configuration and tuning.
- A record of accomplishment of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
- A proven ability to establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with business partners to understand business drivers and market requirements. As well, provide leadership to the technology group in order to create the right solutions for the market in the required periods.
- Experience deploying and maintaining critical, high-availability network systems and associated security issues.
- High degree of technical complexity threaded throughout your experience and conversant thereabout; familiarity with complex global cybersecurity infrastructure designs preferred.
- Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies.
- Referential knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards (PCI, CSC, GLBA, SOX) and other security regulation requirements.
- Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Must be skilled at mentoring and motivating staff, communicating goals and other corporate initiatives and driving to results.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.