Desk-side Support Manager
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Manager Desk-side Support, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our engineering functions into a single area focused on providing world class engineering to our end user systems. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering for the services we're responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems engineering team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering for the systems and services supported by the team. The successful candidate will be required to assist in defining/setting standards, certification of hardware/software, and assisting in the design and architecture of end user technologies.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle for applications supported within the Visa Windows 10 workstation environment. This includes research, analysis, testing, certification, documentation and support
- Analyse application functionality against business requirements and work with stakeholders, end users, and vendors in the certification process to ensure applications meet business requirements as well as technical and security requirements
- Support of various Unified communications systems (Cisco Call Manager, Skype for Business, Voice mail, Contact Centre, switchboard services, Mobile Devices and AV related services (Traditional Video, Telepresence, Acano and meeting Room AV systems)
- Participate in the set up and management of ‘All Hands’ and Visa TV events
- Certify hardware and software.
- Work in the defining configuration standards for Windows OS, including creation and maintenance of Golden image.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for supported applications to include detailed certification processes and procedures, products certified, certification scripts, QC and findings, installation and maintenance scripts.
- Evaluate new releases, fixes, security update and hotfixes, for supported applications and perform necessary QC and certification for installation on all supported workstations platforms.
- Work with various support groups, technicians, and other SME's in reviewing certifications of new applications. Perform turn-over procedures for certified applications.
- Log and track application certification using the workstation engineering certification process
- Create MSI packages utilizing Wise Studio and Wise Scripts and integrate with Microsoft SCCM deployment solution to automate the deployment of all certified applications.
- Support/maintain workstation backup solution
- Assist with vulnerability remediation as needed.
What we’re after…
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 and OSX.
- Extensive experience managing globally diverse support teams
- Extensive knowledge working with SCCM 2012 Suite and imaging.
- Extensive knowledge in optimizing Windows 10, including imaging providing optimization.
- Good level of experience creating scripts using PowerShell
- Strong supervisor qualities and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments.
- Extensive knowledge with network infrastructure (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
- Be self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Have the ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams.
- Extensive background in supporting and managing effective voice\video solutions
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency.
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Working experience with infrastructure components (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
- Ability to learn new technologies, concepts, and procedures quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.