Senior 3DS Product Director
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The Visa Secure Senior Product Director (product development) in Risk & Authentication Products will be focused on the development and delivery of 3DS 2.2 in Europe. The candidate will wear two hats; a strong client and vendor commercial understanding with a clear view of the revenue opportunity for Visa and hands-on technical product development expertise. The successful candidate will think strategically about product development and have a focus on client delivery. Key activities include the ability to understand and balance commercial and regulatory requirements for clients, translate business needs into technical product delivery and articulate product benefits and the business case to clients. An important component of the role will also be to use this knowledge to inform the product development process. The role will involve identifying and developing rules and technology changes needed to optimize authentication performance as well as the delivery of technical guidance on how to integrate Visa Secure with clients’ systems and providing input to help direct the sales effort for 3DS 2.2. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation and be able to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- In association with the HQ team, manage the end to end product development process for Visa Secure and in particular 3DS 2.2 providing both technical and business expertise
- Working across Visa Secure and related other product teams, drive the development of new rules, technology changes and policies to ensure Visa Secure delivers the required functionality to be both PSD2 SCA compliant but also to drive improved performance
- Develop and manage business and technical publications to communicate Visa Secure, associated solutions and 3DS 2.2 in particular to issuers, acquirers, vendors and merchants
- Provide input and thought leadership to client webinars, Visa meetings, external conferences and industry events with SME knowledge and have the ability to communicate complex technology in an engaging way
- Drive and accelerate the Visa Secure sales, technical integration and onboarding processes
- Direct the deployment and piloting of new Visa Secure programmes with issuers, acquirers and merchants
- Partner with internal client-facing teams to ensure seamless client transitions, interacting with and influencing all levels of the organization
- Manage multiple customer engagements concurrently
- Manage a technical product management team and provide business acumen and commercial focus
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or commensurate work experience is required.
- Extensive relevant client facing technical product management experience
- Ability to learn, understand, communicate and apply business insight to the 3DS protocol as it relates to clients’ businesses
- Highly collaborative, brings a structured problem-solving approach to client engagements and documentation, and able to focus on finding solutions to problems as they arise
- Understand commercial drivers of products and how they impact client’s business and P&L. Able to proactively identify business opportunities.
- Strong technical lead experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills.
- Great time management skills with a strong focus on details and execution.
- Team management and coaching skills
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.
- Multiple language speakers preferred, but not required