- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as am Implementation Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Implementation Manager manages the efforts of Visa technical and business resources required to implement new and add-on Visa products and services. Responsible for gathering, documenting project requirements while providing client consultative guidance on Visa regulations, fees, features, and functionality. Manages projects that are more complex and have project responsibilities for key clients.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Serve as a Manager for implementation services provided to Clients. Manages the efforts of Visa technical and business resources required to implement new and add-on Visa products and services. Responsible for gathering, documenting project requirements while providing client consultative guidance on Visa regulations, fees, features, and functionality. Manages projects that are more complex and have project responsibilities for key clients.
· Work with client project office and senior client management to understand client’s needs and communicate best of breed implementation solutions utilizing Visa products and services (taking complex technical concepts to more business related impacts and terminology).
· Adapt Visa processes and approaches to be in line with client requirements.
· Ensure client satisfaction by finding win-win solutions for the client and Visa.
Project Management and Reporting
· Develop project plans, identify project team resource requirements, and establish project dates and deliverables.
· Manage in a matrixed fashion the efforts of Visa technical and business resources, as well as Client and 3rd party resources and other project managers.
· Provide client and Visa project resources and line management with status reporting. Includes responsibility for projects that are more complex in nature and are visible to Visa and Client’s management.
· Escalates projects that are in jeopardy and works with senior management within Visa and the Client organization as appropriate and to make decisions that bring needed resources to resolve any issues.
· Establishes project scope, completes VisaNet and other network paperwork, completes and submits client configuration requirements, ensures required project documentation is completed and maintained for historical records and auditing purposes, coordinates technical resources and planning and monitoring of certification testing, and negotiates with department and division heads to secure resources required to complete projects.
· Recommends opportunities and offers potential solutions to improve Visa processes and procedures that can result in measurable and sustained improvement in cost and/or quality.
· Contributes towards delivery of agreed-upon solutions by taking ownership of associated tasks and/or performing a lead role in driving change to completion.
· Provides ongoing guidance and knowledge transfer to less tenured Implementation Managers.
· Reviews work done by other IMs, ensuring quality of work and ongoing learning.
· Strong knowledge of client, as well as project management processes and practices, and ensure that they are consistently followed.
· Responsible for recommending opportunities for process improvement for implementation of Visa products/services, resulting in shorter cycle times, improved efficiency, reduced costs and increased customer satisfaction.
· Ability to complete projects ranging in scope and complexity with little or no involvement from department management.
· Assists clients in making the right choices of Visa Products and Services to meet their business needs.
· Requires interaction with resources at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally with the client, ranging from individual contributor project resources to executive levels.
· Must be able to influence client decisions through a combination of negotiation and consultative input.
· Keeps client PM and executives informed of project progress, and when required, must work to influence these decision makers to make decisions regarding project direction that can have financial and business impact.
· Must have in depth knowledge of the EFT and banking Industry; including client back office processes and procedures, and a detailed understanding of Visa Products & Services, including specific knowledge of Visa.
· Brings an in-depth knowledge of best practice project management methods and tools (PMI certification a definite plus), and demonstrable success in applying same to the successful completion of more complex implementation projects spanning multiple internal departments and external organizations, and 3 to 6 months in duration.
· Keeps current with company, competitor and industry best practices in the areas of Fraud control, data security, and application development concepts.
· Understands legal and regulatory environment under which our clients practice business at a level required to provide input to their decision-making process when selecting Visa Products/Services and options for how they are configured to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
What we’re after…
Bachelors’ degree or equivalent plus 10+ years of experience in the EFT industry, and/or 10+ years of direct Visa experience are required.
The Implementation Managers all have specialized skills (core systems, interchange, for example) that allow them to provide effective consultative support to clients on complex projects.
Visa Rules, policies and processes
Good knowledge of other functions within Visa
Good knowledge of Visa Message Formats
Visa internal systems
Influencing and negotiation skills
Strong oral and written communications skills
Ability to drive team to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
Available to travel if needed
Language(s) based on supported market(s)
The Implementation Manager works with a variety of client staff and management from project managers and testers to the CEO (for smaller Financial Institutions).
Adding and modifying the products and services the client receives from Visa is controlled by the Implementation Manager working with a considerable degree of autonomy.
The clients consider these projects essential to the execution of their strategy.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.