Principal, Solution Management – US Installments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you excited to build the next generation of payment products and services? Do you want to convert your ideas into innovative solutions? Do you want to be part of building and delivering solutions at global scale applying local needs that delight our users?
The Principal, Solution Management role is responsible for shaping customer/client requirements into a blueprint of successful solutions continuously optimizing product market fit. You will be leading client engagements focused on defining and delivering set plays to launch clients on installments services in different markets. You will work closely across clients, product teams, as well as technology partners to design and build optimal solution options for Installments. You need to be part product owner and part solution architect constantly innovative to bring products and solutions to life that meet customer needs. This role will be responsible for solution management in US market.
- Design and run client workshops in US market in collaboration with innovation center and design teams and deliver set plays for clients to execute
- Define effective solutions across client and Visa’s capabilities, taking into account technical aspects, user experience, risks, and business value.
- Consult clients on best practices to solve for their business case and needs, influence the solution options and outcomes. Map a clear path on addressing the use cases, create prototypes, and deliver execution plans
- Work closely with internal and client product and tech teams on requirements and solution paths to meet the requirements
- Evaluate project constraints to analyze alternatives, mitigate risks, and conduct process re-engineering as necessary
- Lead collaboration across product, sales, and client teams to transform requirements into outcomes
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with an agile development team
- Experience in management consultant plus building products with demonstrable success building complex platforms, and APIs at scale ideally in the payments space
- Bachelors’ degree in business management, computer science or information technology
- Hands on experience with agile software development practices; strong technical background and a proven ability to work with a team of developers
7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
A combination of business management, computer science, math, or science degree ideally with software engineering background
- Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, and ability to drive for results
- Background in payments and product management with a proven record of building sophisticated scalable products
- Strong product management skills building products to demonstrated product market fit as well as exceling in client engagement and solving for customer needs
- Deep experience with all aspects of product development life cycle, including planning, product management, and development. Customer centric mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on client success. Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch and comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate. Demonstrated passion for driving payments innovation
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position may require up to 15% of travel to client sites and Visa locations around the globe.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.