Sr. Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa, the Corporate Information Technology, Billing & Incentives Platforms team, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software. This team has embarked on a major transformational journey to build and implement best of breed revenue and billing applications to transform our business as well as technology.
The candidate will work in Billing & Incentives Platforms Team designing, developing and implementing applications that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business function. The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience in developing (coding) solutions for functionally complex, large volume, high throughput financial systems. This role will be responsible for building technical designs, doing technical configurations and coding for successful delivery of business capabilities.
The candidate should be excited to take initiatives to solve problems and get the job done while taking on new challenges. You should thrive in team-oriented and fast-paced environments where each team-member is vital to the overall success of the projects.
- Develop solutions for mission critical large revenue systems, including transaction processing (mediation), pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable and revenue reporting functions. Responsibilities include analysis, creation of technical designs, development, unit testing and support activities.
- Work closely with business partners, TPMs and Product managers to drive and/or facilitate requirements elaboration, functional and technical specifications, workflow designs, use cases and process re-engineering.
- Develop, troubleshoot and maintain application code for existing and new programs on both the front-end and the back-end.
- Learn, understand and use custom java and front-end frameworks used by the application; contribute to development, troubleshooting and maintenance of the applications on the framework.
- Manage application dependencies.
- Working with the team, develop and maintain regression and unit testing platforms.
- Work with the team to define and refine engineering best practices and Mentor junior team for their adoption.
- Participate in software evaluation and technology vendor selection.
- Conduct POCs to prove out concepts and select best solution approach.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model.
- With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity and reliable delivery, develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with the team, customers and technology partners.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in application development and implementation (designing, coding and testing)
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or other Engineering discipline.
- Hands on experience in developing multi-threaded and scalable batch processes.
- Ability to design and build complex algorithms
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building complex database queries based on the understanding of the data model.
- Prior experience in building or implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) OR other Oracle Utilities Application framework based products will be a big plus.
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs.
- Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, use case and user interface prototyping.
- Experience in configuring CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with static code analysis tools, unit testing, test driven development, performance testing and automated testing frameworks
- Experience using GIT source control doing rebases, merges and handling merge conflicts
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts to translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver maintainable solutions to complex issues
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Demonstrates ability to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Ability to effectively mentor associate developers
- Business domain knowledge in the areas of financial applications, billing, general ledger and accounting practices is a plus.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones.
- Experience in mid-to-large size companies (2000+ employees).
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position will require up to 10% travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.