- Oakland, CA, United States
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role reports to the Director of Aviation and indirectly to the Lead Maintenance Manager. The role oversees the maintenance operation activities, compliance with FAA regulations and aircraft manufacturer’s service programs.
- A Maintenance Manager is assigned for each aircraft. However, they will coordinate with each other, as necessary
- Ensures that all aircraft are airworthy, placing the safety of passengers and crew as first priority;
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Acts as a Maintenance Technician;
- Manages all maintenance activities of Visa Aviation aircraft;
- Helps to manage all Flight Department maintenance policies and procedures;
- Assists in establishing maintenance safety policies and procedures for ground operations and evaluates effectiveness via the Safety Management System;
- Provides plans and schedules for all aircraft maintenance;
- Prepares specifications for bids on outside repairs, maintenance, and inspections and reviews bids and makes recommendations to the Lead Maintenance Manager;
- Reviews maintenance invoices for payment;
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies on maintenance topics;
- Coordinates with all non-company personnel or Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMOs) performing maintenance on Visa Aviation aircraft;
- Establishes and maintains aircraft maintenance records required by FAA regulations, manufacturer recommendations, and company policy;
- Ensures compliance with Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins affecting Flight Department aircraft;
- Removes unsafe aircraft from service;
- Removes aircraft from service that do not comply with the CFRs;
- Ensures calibration of test equipment;
- Ensures that products, parts, supplies, and consumables meet the specifications and requirements set forth by the manufacturer and that necessary amounts of these items are maintained;
- Assists with monitoring expiration dates for first aid kits, automatic external defibrillators, and other applicable survival / emergency equipment;
- Reviews and updates emergency and survival equipment list on an annual basis and/or as equipment and contents change;
- Helps monitor security and environmental affairs, including completing material safety data sheets on all chemicals, fire drills and safety training
- Assumes responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of the aviation hangar and office facility
- Maintains a current technical library and distributes new information as appropriate;
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Lead Maintenance Manager.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required
- 10 years Maintenance Aviation Tech experience
- Gulfstream aircraft repair experience; preferably G650 (GVI) or G450, G550
- Demonstrates continuing education in aviation maintenance through accredited schools or manufacturer’s training programs
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Demonstrated effective communications to include written and verbal
- Expert skills in decision-making and building partnerships internally and externally
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate and build cross-functional relationships; Work with all levels of personnel and effectively interact with senior and executive management. Demonstrated effective communications to include written and verbal
- Broad knowledge of, and experience with, the maintenance of aircraft of the class, category and type that Visa operates
- Excellent planning and organization skills and business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives
- Ability to drive continuous improvement activities to exceed customer expectations and help promote a professional organization
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- Work performed in a maintenance facility / hangar / outside on a ramp
- Work can include being in a confined space or on ladders or in elevated areas, such as on a high lift to reach a wing or engine
- Working in areas with noise, corrosion, hot and cold surface hazards
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, stretching, twisting, grasping sometimes repeated movements with fingers, hands, wrists
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Driving of aircraft tugs, carts, and lifts
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.