Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are currently working on a multi-year effort to modernize our business systems. Our objective is to adopt more open software technologies and get away from proprietary systems (Mainframe, etc.). The successful candidate will be a part of “Strategic Initiatives” team to build the next-generation global payment network.
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant web based applications.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Drive the design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current system to new products and services
- Mentor & support the junior engineers on their work assignments & do code reviews.
- Adaptable to changing project priorities & technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience with at least 2+ years in a technical lead role mentoring junior engineers.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
- Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate & JMX
- Experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases. Working knowledge on NoSQL DB considered a plus
- Expert in OO design and design patterns
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Should be an excellent team player with positive attitude
- Should be ready to go the extra mile to meet the project milestones.
- Skillset to produce efficient, well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Should be able to challenge conventional ways of doing things by coming up with innovative ideas.
- Strong in Java Spring Boot, J2EE, Spring RESTful services.
- Strong in OOP concepts and design patterns.
- Rich front-End development experience with Angular, Redux, Node.JS, and Material Design is desirable.
- Strong in SQL, WebService, MVC, MyBatis, Hibernate.
- Experience in GIT, TFS source code management tools, Jenkins or Gradle Build Tool.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetis, Cloudview, Containers is highly desirable.
- Comfortable with working on both Windows and Unix environments.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Capable of coding, testing and implementing quality code under tight timeframes.
- Willingness to learn from, and share your knowledge with, other team members.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management.
- Must work well within a team in a fast-paced high performance organization
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand the requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services