- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Product Reliability Engineering group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business.
- Support critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Product Reliability Engineering group. Candidate must have 4+ years of software development and application support experience, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices. In addition to delivering technically, the candidate should be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- BS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university and 5+ years of experience in Software Development OR MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university and 3 years of experience working in 24*7 environments
- years of experience designing and developing complex Java and J2EE applications
- 5 years of experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX and MBeans
- 5 years of experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- 3 years of experience with application containers such as Tomcat and WebSphere
- 1 year of experience working in 24*7 environments
- 1 year of experience with building tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups
- Must poses exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
- Fluent with developing applications using Eclipse or similar IDE
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Experience in OO design and design patterns
- Strong UNIX/Linux background
- Experience in creating automated unit testing using JUnit and practicing test driven development
- Fluent with mocking in unit testing and working knowledge of mocking framework
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing
- Experience with build environment using Maven/Ant and continuous integration tools
- Experience with performance tuning and memory leak detection
- Experience with integrating with third-party Web Services
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- 24x7x365 coverage with varying schedule options.