Director, Real Time Payments Business and Client Solutions, NA
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Real-Time Payments team at Visa focuses on building and deploying innovative solutions to modernize account based payments around the world.
The Director of RTP North America will lead aspects of Visa’s North America Real-time Payments (RTP) Business and Client Solutions within the Global RTP team. The role will directly engage with clients and cross-functional teams within Product and across Visa towards a common goal of delivering integrated products and solutions for account based real-time payment networks. The role includes understanding market and client needs, identifying opportunities, and developing client specific solutions, both from reusable capabilities as well as defining and scoping any product gaps against client needs. Further, this role will have specific input and on both client and internal business cases and value propositions across financial institutions, processors, technology and fintech companies, businesses, partners and more.
The successful candidate will be a proven solutions or client-facing engineer who likes to dig into the details and take on ownership in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities. In addition, the candidate must be highly collaborative, a great communicator, customer oriented and bring a structured & disciplined approach.
- Develop and maintain senior relationships with current and prospective clients, incorporating client perspectives and insights into key decisions on the real-time payments roadmap
- Partner closely with clients, other product teams, technology teams, and other internal and external business partners to develop targeted solutions, estimates and high-level plans to implement various aspects of Visa’s RTP capabilities
- Manage all aspects of client solutioning, including but not limited to project and pipeline tracking, integration and test plans, SLA/Performance expectations, use case and channel applications tied to client execution planning.
- Provide input and drive the go-to-market of a full range of real-time payment, account-based solutions. It is expected this role will intersect highly with Visa’s open banking work and other push payments priorities.
- Manage aspects of RFI/RFP responses to real-time payment opportunities, in conjunction with Visa Technology, Sales, Strategy, and other Product organizations
- Lead the development and support of multiple commercial models and work across finance and global business operations as part of client engagement or internal investments
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum 8-10+ years of experience with product implementations, direct client-facing roles specific to solutioning and implementation within financial services or fintechs. Proven consulting experience or similar is highly desired
- Strong functional background in applying product capabilities and function points to specific client situations and requirements, including the development of value propositions or business cases
- Ability to identify key client issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross-functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Ability to travel 10% to 30% of time
- Overall strong analytical, project management and interpersonal skills with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks
- Strong communication and presentation skills: ability to interact with senior management and all stakeholders at all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Strong product and technical background with good understanding of payments industry, Treasury Management and/or real time/ACH payments
- Client management and RFP response experience
- Project management experience
- Travel will be required about 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.