- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa. To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for Data Scientists who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems. You will join one of the Data Science focus areas (e.g., banks, merchants & retailers, digital products, marketing) with an opportunity for rotation within Data Science to gain broad exposure to Visa’s business.
The position is based at Visa's office in Toronto.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems
- Communicate with clients to understand the challenges they face and convince them with data
- Extract and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our clients and derive relevant insights
- Develop visualizations to make your complex analyses accessible to a broad audience
- Find opportunities to craft products out of analyses that are suitable for multiple clients
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging Visa data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product, marketing techniques and business strategies for Visa and its clients.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, data insights, advertising targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 2+ years’ experience in data-based decision-making or quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL or other tools
- Competence in Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g., Python, SAS, R, Stata or others)
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time.