Cybersecurity Engineer - Security Engineering
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to be part of the Security Engineering team at Visa where you will be building and engineering security products utilizing some awesome technology like Rust, Go, Functional Programming, and much more! You will be joining a team of experienced security engineers, as well as world class researchers and experts in the areas of software engineering, artificial intelligence, cryptography, and other related fields to build technologies necessary to secure Visa's core infrastructure and assets.
- Software Engineer first: Build, design, engineer, and develop software and services that deliver security functionality and improve security efficiency and capabilities through automation. The candidate needs to possess software engineering skills that allow them to build new capabilities and solutions vs. simply integrating an existing open source platform or operating a vendor solution.
- Security philosophy: Refactor and optimize existing code using more robust type-safe and memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping and parallel processing frameworks. Create requirement and design documents that account for security risks in new or existing systems with architectures to mitigate them within risk appetite.
- Performance: Engineering of products and services while accounting for computability and complexity (e.g. NP-complete problems) and security architecture (e.g. memory, cache, deadlocks, etc.)
- R&D: Develop prototypes and algorithms (e.g. searching, sorting, optimization, dynamic programming) while performing data engineering tasks around aggregation and data synthetization from a multitude of structured and unstructured data sources. Research and develop security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions.
- Presentation skills: Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills. Assist in shaping overall direction, life-cycle management, and leadership for Information Security architecture and technology related to Visa.
The candidate must possess strong software engineering skills as the key primary with an appreciation for immutability, functional programming, and static typing.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, PhD)
- Software Engineering: The candidate must have software development background in functional or object oriented programming languages. Ideal candidate has written at least 1000+ lines of code in a professional or academic setting in any functional/OOPs languages.
- Familiarity with common software development tooling
- Knowledge of programming language theory, type system, and abstraction techniques
- Experience: Experience where you created or maintained a project or a major component.
- Languages: Software Development, Programming, and debugging using Golang or Python or C++ or Rust
- Scalable systems: Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus along with experience to working on large datasets.
- Research to code: Should possess ability to quickly and effectively turn conceptual or academic research into working code.
- Machine / Deep Learning: Knowledge of common ML frameworks and libraries like Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn is a plus including ability to utilize information retrieval, data analytics, and statistical modeling techniques to build new or enhance existing machine learning or deep learning models.
- Data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Network, System, and Solution Architecture background
- Knowledge of Server-client modeling, including MVC architecture
- Familiarity with Git and Unix/Linux commands
- API integration, analysis, modeling, and visualization of data
- Independent, self-disciplined, self-motivated, and intellectually curious
- Knowledge of security related concepts
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for 0-5% of time for work related travel.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.