Technical Program Manager - Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
You love data, learning, and technology. Where others see common problems, you see intriguing opportunities.
At Visa, we collaboratively enable Visa to be the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 global transactions per second, enabling digital currency. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, helping those who lack access to financial services to join the global economy.
Our Data Platform is growing fast and the pace of change is accelerating. We deeply care that in the midst of internal growth our platform and services remain secure, stable and dependable for our customers and partners.
As a Technical Program Manager, for our Data team in Bangalore, you'll drive quality and velocity of our technology. You would drive customer’s technical requirements and the business drivers, and translate that into the right sized platform initiatives with the right tech stack and capacity to service these business requirements.
You should be comfortable with owning issues and managing the outcome. You enjoy driving, resolving, facilitating and follow up. You understand the risks and the trade-offs, and are both technical and process focused.
We are the Data Platform Technology team within Visa. We collaborate with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. To achieve this, we continuously reflect, learn, and commit to develop our platform, our processes, and our people.
Do you wonder why, what-if, and why not? Do you seek simple solutions to complex problems? Are you naturally curious and a voracious learner? Are you a magnet to responsibility?
We want you to come join our team!
You love change. You are ready to challenge the status quo daily to enable a whole new world of data services with these responsibilities:
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and implementation of complex projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Lead project level retrospectives, post-mortems, and RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) with clear next steps, action items, and follow-up.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development process using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work openly and boldly across all functions and geographies to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize value and meet company objectives. Understand product strategy and benefits of the work you're doing with your teams!
- Guide groups through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions.
As a change agent, discover opportunities for process improvements, pilot and then drive on a larger scale.
- Implement Visa PMM project gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset.
- Champion the adoption of key engineering practices like Reflection, Learning, Code Review, and Continuous Integration.
- Take initiative to create and grow our learning community, and be an Agile and Leadership Champion within the organization.
Bachelors or Masters (Computer Science major), or equivalent.
- You love to make things happen with teamwork and process innovation. You are technical. You are collaborative.
10+ years of experience, as Engineering Manager, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Program Manager (or equivalent) or Lead, working with technical teams developing software solutions. Including, 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Kanban, or Agile coach.
- Insatiable curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of Data Platform and DevOps projects.
Experience with some Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Kafka, Hive, etc) and Java and deep experience with best practices in software engineering practices.
Experience managing analytic products, technologies, and platforms
Strong analytical skills with ability to collect organize; analyze significant amounts of information and massive datasets (expertise in SQL, Hive)
Good taste in design and architecture.
- Superb communication skills.
Excellent facilitation skills.
One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile.
PMP, or similar detailed knowledge of formal project management processes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.