Staff Software Engineer
- Belfast, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff/Principal Software Engineer with Visa' CyberSource team you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture
- Champion Agile to inspire change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Utilise your sharp analytical skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe
- Take a hands on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the Centre
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
- Be be a key contributor to the ongoing evolution of the Cybersource Payment Platform
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be equally passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
- Have a demonstrable ability to “think big” to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Continuously evolve their current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and work with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing talent within CyberSource NI through career management, coaching and mentoring etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with demonstrable enterprise level experience in software engineering
CyberSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource is an equal opportunity employer.
CyberSource (a Visa Inc. company) is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource’s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
The Belfast centre has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide.
Some of the products we own can be found here: http://www.cybersource.com/products/payment_processing/ http://www.cybersource.com/products/payment_security/
Some of the technologies we use include: Java, JRuby, Docker, Docker Swarm, Chef, Splunk, Git
CyberSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe