- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of all we do: we are the Merchant & Acquirer Processing Product Development Team—MAP, a team focused on driving security, uptime and innovation
for our clients. We are enabling the future of frictionless global payments for merchants and partners around the world today.
As part of the MAP PD team, you will collaborate with financial technology experts to help create the most powerful, innovative and secure payment platforms— with an agile approach — all designed to accelerate commerce for our clients— world-class companies, fast-growing start-ups and their consumers everywhere.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We expect our Sr. Director to do much more than just managing multiple teams
- Directs and manages multiple diverse team of engineering professionals performing research, development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for MAP Payments portfolio. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
- Own & Drive the end to end development effort for on-time, high-quality, highly scalable technical solutions that meet the product vision. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
Partnering with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
Experience with a variety of development methodologies and mature understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Leading agile engineering teams to deliver end to end technical solutions that meet and exceed product expectations.
Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
Understand client experience and drive strong client focus.
Build analytics that provides deep insights into engineering efficiency; developer velocity; operational and support efficiency and service quality.
Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups
- Manages Headcount, deliverables, schedule and cost for the organizations ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that Goals, Objectives, Timelines and Budget are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Passionate about Payments domain and find opportunity in product line to enhance and expand commercial business
· Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business.
· Proven ability to define needs, develop plans, coordinate resources and implement action plans.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & to resolve scheduling & other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines
· Superior verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences.
· Experience in coaching engineers both on technical and career development
· Excellent team player, with strong collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional team for results
· Focus on building an efficient and collaborative team environment
- 10-15 years’ experience in strategy consulting, a product organization, investment banking or in payments
- Business development, partnerships, alliances or relationship management skills helpful
- Experience in leading projects and working with senior management
- Payments or technology industry knowledge very helpful
- Analytical and strategic acumen
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas
- Ability to become a thought leader
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction
- MBA a huge plus
- Candidates having Industry experience between 10-15 years are ideal
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.