Staff Software Engineer - Hadoop
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data division is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa's data assets and provides value added products and services to drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. The Data Platform Department is dedicated to provide systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
A successful candidate is who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a customer obsession, thinks big, and knows to simplify. The candidate will leverage sound architectural principles to implement effective and efficient solutions for our users.
The ideal candidate has strong technical background in big data processing and have a good written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate has production experience building data applications, is passionate about performance, testability, and maintainability, cares about quality of code, and loves to learn new technologies.
· Define and Deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes.
· Enhance and support production systems
· Follows established software development guidelines and Visa security standards
· Build and maintain relationships with the agile team, the user community, architects and support teams to implement effective solutions
· Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
· Keep up with industry in terms of technology and best practices and help drive innovation internally.
· Support and coach junior engineers.
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent relevant degree
· 7+ years of industry experience, 5+ years working with Big Data technologies such as Hive, YARN, Spark, Map-Reduce and HBase
· Excellent Java and Python programming skills.
· Experience working in an Agile environment with good software development practices such as CI/CD, code reviews and test automation
· Experience working with systems dealing with petabytes of data is a plus
· Experience as a team lead is a plus
· Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to learn
· Strong attitude toward getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.