Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 15,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, fast-growing career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Software Test Engineer is part of the Treasury Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Senior Software Test Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Treasury Visa Funds Transfer System, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platforms and work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
- Participate in Test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
- Build test automation framework to support CAS System
- Build test tools to improve quality and performance
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Provide estimates on scope and scale of effort required to test changes
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to project team
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled time frame
- Report project status and issues to project managers and management
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues
- Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience in SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative/Incremental
- Experience with automation tools and tool development
- Passion for high quality software engineering
- Strong oral and written communication ability
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.