Director, Instructor Excellence
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Imagine yourself as part of the team of individuals that are creating the digital future for learning at Visa. You are a key player in the work we need to do to bring this experience to life for our people. This means you will learn something new every day, meet someone new every day and in general become a rock star in learning while experiencing the Visa culture. We are starting up the team. We have a clear vision, backed by influential leaders at Visa with the creativity to ensure this experience is impactful, useful and fun.
We are looking for an expert in Instructor Excellence to join the Visa University family and help drive instructors and faculty across Visa University be rock stars. You would do this by developing standards and programs to support instructor excellence across all of Visa’s internal and external offerings.
This role is part of the Market Learning CoE function which is a fairly new function at Visa University, but is key in ensuring excellence and consistency in policies, processes and practices across regions.
You work will impact the way Visa experiences learning through Visa University.
- Visa University will change the game for how learning is experienced and analyzed digitally and physically at Visa
- We are a team of experts across many disciplines of learning and development
- We have strategic partnerships across the business to help us constantly improve our impact and find new opportunities for growth
- We are a nimble, energetic and collaborative team
- We encourage and expect an innovative and adaptable mindset
- We like to learn from our teammates
- Manage the engagement of the instructor community across all regions, including the creation and implementation of a development roadmap for ongoing upskilling of trainers, and communications platforms to ensure collaboration across trainers.
- Design and deliver enhancements to the existing Visa Faculty Program (VUFP), including faculty training, recognition, communication, engagement and end to end project management of specific programs. Engage with faculty and colleagues interested in becoming faculty to expand the program through train the trainer sessions, coaching and mentoring.
- Partners with colleges and regions to determine appropriate delivery channels across BAU and new content.
- Coaches SME’s and senior leaders in facilitation and delivery skills.
- Identify, engage and manage external agencies as relevant to expand delivery capacity.
- Partners with delivery directors, instructor champions and trainers / instructors in region to establish an instructor community of practice
- Defines trainer / instructor delivery standards and works closely with delivery directors and regional heads of learning to enforce delivery standards and run audits / assessments
- Supports with additional global programs as and when required such as Visa’s Learning Festival
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience designing and running a training delivery function and / or programs
- Experience delivering training and running train the trainer sessions specifically related to facilitation skills. Passion for training delivery and experience of delivering training, presenting and facilitating content to large groups.
- Experience establishing instructor / trainer delivery standards and managing performance
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and coaching them on delivering sessions
- Experience of working in a large, global, complex and matrix environment
- Project management, status reporting and process definition experience
- Strong, professional executive presence and business acumen
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and consulting skills. Strong stakeholder management, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels in an organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly changing content and strategies
- Experience building scorecards and quantifying ROI for key initiatives
- Location is flexible (preferred San Francisco or Foster City)
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.