- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
MAPPD is looking for an experienced Program Manager to combine successful software development process experience with effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and technical skills. Reporting into the Director of Payments PMO, the Program Manger will be responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects/programs and scrum teams, and provides a single point of contact for these; the Program Manager will be accountable for timely and high quality execution and delivery of the projects from original concept through final implementation. This position requires working with teams and programs that follow Agile, Scaled Agile, as well as traditional project management methodologies.
- Be accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more programs and/or Agile teams.
- Facilitate scrum of scrum meetings for 1 or more programs.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Improve team velocity and leverage tools like burn downs and capacity modeling to ensure that the teams are productive
- Lead and negotiate scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our Customers, Product Owners, and Product Managers to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- Work with Product Owners to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
- Ability to facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies.
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interference.
- Track and remove impediments for the team.
- Set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations
- Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution.
- Coach team in estimation techniques.
- Develop metrics and reports to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals.
- Coach/Mentor team members to internalize Scrum and the Agile Principles.
- Influence change at all levels to increase team and organization performance at a sustainable pace
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- At least one project management certification such as:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- PMI Certification (PMP, CAPM, Agile Certified Practitioner)
- Scaled Agile Framework
- SME Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrate good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently
- Demonstrated ability to lead a moderately complex program across multiple teams.
- Some knowledge and hands-on experience of technical implementations of large scale, highly available, robust web/mobile applications
- Experience in diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Experience in traditional program management techniques including: critical path method, schedule development, and overall program plan development.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver projects on time
- Outstanding communication ability including clearly and concisely communicating any project issues, risks to an executive audience.
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool such as: Rally, Jira, Version One.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.