CAS Ops Support Specialist / Team Lead
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a CAS Ops Support Specialist / Team Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Responsible for the support of the Clearing and Settlement BASE II Mainframe system in a multi-data centre and multi-processing environment. They are responsible for first and second level problem determination and recovery of primarily the MVS/BASEII Applications, but also the batch Open Systems Environment and services and client related issues.
This is a specialist position with team leading responsibilities where you are responsible for understanding both the technical and business impact of operations but ensuring that your shift understands it as well. The specialist is responsible for managing your shifts Clearing and Settlement staff from allocation of duties, coordination with CAS Manager and application or development teams, prioritisation of tasks, to mentoring in ensuring an efficient shift.
You will also facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management, support groups and service partners as required and is responsible for tracking progress and final resolution implementation.
This position is part of a shift structured team, and will require 12-hour shift work and may include night shifts.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage a Shift CAS team, drives resolution, and escalation of Processing on Mainframe the Environment of the Visa’s Core applications, operating system, and services with higher level of expertise and confidence
- Provide On duty Shift Manager delegate duties when required
- Works closely with service partners such as VIP Operations and Client Support teams to ensure all CAS related services are operational and with no impact
- Proactively communicates and works with CSS/CCM, VOCC, Global CAS and Platform Support and associated regions when dealing with Client related issues
- Ongoing/Proactive analysis of CAS Systems and Open Systems and applications to detect potential problems. When necessary makes preventive corrections and works with Engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures
- Coordinates all CAS and Open Systems Batch implementations, and lead/document daily Operations status calls.
- Regularly review day-to-day mentoring to junior staff including job training and coaching
- Provide immediate escalation from junior colleagues prior to escalation to Senior Management
- Provide technical analysis and review in support of Operational efficiencies and enhancements
- Provides advice on recovery of complex technical problems in collaboration with the application and/or development teams
- Provides expertise supporting initiatives to enhance tools functionality working with Tools Support and Engineering groups and ensure participation from colleagues
- Ensure that all Incident, Changes, and Problem Tickets received in the shift are all accounted, updated and turned over if not completed within the shift
- Ensure all teams complete all required Surveys and Trainings. Including accounting for any RTN project support that is captured in the VFM tool.
- Review shifts metrics for success and areas for improvement for incident problem and change within the environment
- Role model Visa's leadership principles
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Mid-level Technical Team Leading Experience
- Knowledge of MVS OS/390, C:D, Linux, Unix, D-Series, Control-M, FTP, SFTP, SDSF, CA-ESP(scheduling package), TSO & TPX, JCL, Sysview, C1 Endeavor, Netcool Alerting Tool, application support, and Remedy reporting tool
- Working / practical knowledge of the Windows, Unix & Tandem environments
- Working knowledge of CICS, DB2, MQ Channel, and tape processing
- Experience with large server (IBM mainframe, Open System) technologies and architectures in a complex, heterogeneous systems environment
- Subject matter expertise in REXX, OPS/MVS, Systems State Manager, Windows, Netcool (Alerting), Control-M or ESP scheduling and operations
- Experience in analysing processing environments with focus on identifying improvement opportunities and efficiencies to process, procedures, and Visa applications while working closely with 3rd level support groups
- Experience in working with various technical teams, which include application support, development, and engineering teams
- Strong understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management per the ITILV3 / 4 process
- Ability to Lead a team providing shift management, operation supervision, and mentoring
- Strong ability to handle pressure and difficult situation in a manner reflective of a Visa employee
- Provide guidance for perform Incident, Change and Problem Management according to documented guidelines
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilising our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issue are tracked, resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occurs
- Strong ability to apply efficient decision-making, problem-solving and technical skills.
- Proven track history of manage highly effective teams on a global scale
- Proven ability to mentor and provide guidance
- A degree level qualification in Information Technology or Information Systems or related discipline. Industry experience or a diploma level qualification in IT.
- Certification in ITIL V3 or Above, Six Sigma Green, Service Transition, Design & Operations.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.