Staff Software Engineer - Payment Systems Risk
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Payment Systems Risk group is an ideal place for you!
The Payment Systems Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the leaders of the PSR development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive user interface design and development experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. You will also help mentor and guide junior team members.
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development
- Partnering with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding of all requirements; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design
- Leading team to deliver on all code commitments and ensure a complete end-to-end solution that meets and exceeds business expectations.
- Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Identifying proper service metrics and measurements for ensuring performance against Service Level Agreement
- Working with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation. Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies
- Developing and maintaining architectural roadmap for applications and systems within the Payment Systems Risk domain and ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6 + years’ experience in software development building scalable, robust, and high-performance applications and services
- Expert knowledge and expertise in applications and services development using Java
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions and solving data problems using a wide variety of technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, MongoDB, NoSQL, as well as traditional data technologies like RDBMS
- Experienced in test-driven development and test automation. Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development methodology
- Experience with creating highly scalable, highly available systems
- Excellent architecture documentation and modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs is essential
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.