Sr Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be part of our Visa Verifi Product Development team to help design, enhance and build capabilities on dispute management engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within days, to then be used by a huge customer.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
Essential Functions :
- Design and develop mission-critical systems,
- Work on development of new products and enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products
- Independently, applies engineering best practice to realize identified non-functional requirements.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Work closely with architects, business and technical stakeholders to develop high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as scheduled.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 1 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 3-5 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 1 years of experience with a PhD.
- You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications. Experience with Spring Technologies is ideal.
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Prior experience of PHP to Java migration is preferred
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Function of this position is to help design, architect, and build out our next generation of applications. You will be responsible for the framework enhancements, architecture, technologies, workflows, design and usability applications
- You should be able to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor with ability to work independently & manage one’s time
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
- You have the passion to work with people and to strive to improve our products and services!
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams
- A background in the Fraud domain and NoSQL is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.