Financial Systems Manager, FSS FP&A
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking a seasoned Financial Systems Manager to play a critical role in Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancements of financial systems within the FP&A function. The FSS team works closely with the global business owners and the Corporate IT team to enhance or implement Finance Systems. The position requires excellent organization and leadership skills, business and systems analysis, critical thinking, understanding of internal controls, and have strong communication skills. Must also be self-directed, able to multi-task, disciplined, and adaptable to and influence change.
Deliver System initiatives and enhancements
- Complete business requirements for all Hyperion Planning and Forecasting related enhancements, translate business requirements into functional design, collaborate with IT to ensure functional design is clearly articulated, and review technical design specifications delivered by IT
- Strong understanding of Hyperion Planning and related modules
- Work with IT dev team to support agile development of all regional/global system enhancements
- Demonstrate technical expertise and business acumen around the FPA Planning and Forecasting processes
- Ensure Global data and process standards are implemented
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for all system changes and enhancements
Perform Business Admin activities
- Single interface to business users for all system needs
- Provide end user support (research, functionality, etc.)
- Perform data load and reconciliations between various systems data if needed
- Maintain data integrity within financial systems and applications, including Hyperion Planning, TM1 and any other FP&A Application
- Create dashboards, reports, charts, and graphs for management
- Maintain system training material and deliver end user Training
- Participate and support business recovery/continuity planning testing
- Document and maintain business admin run books and standard operating procedures
- Responsible system related periodic activities i.e. month end/year end support etc.
Deliver process improvement and standardization
- Develop in-depth understanding of Visa’s financial systems and processes
- Partner with process automation team to identify process automation opportunities and reduce human touch points
- Responsible for global standards in system, process and data
- Deliver Opex, Capital, Salary & Headcount driver based planning
- Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of one or more Finance functional areas
- Partner with Change Management and champion system and process changes
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Total 10+ years of Business Analyst experience preferably supporting driver based planning and analytics.
- Strong understanding of FP&A processes, especially Budgeting and Forecasting
- Good knowledge of ERP product implementation and their integration with FP&A Systems
- Strong understanding and best practices around Budgeting and Forecasting, as well as system flows between FP&A applications and other finance functions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to translate and synthesize complex information for executive consumption
- Proven success and industry reputation in building partnerships across business and IT stakeholders to deliver positive results
- Strong work ethic with commitment to customer service to various stakeholders is a must
- Hyperion Planning proficiency, working knowledge of Oracle EBS, and IBM Planning Analytics System
- Tableau, Advanced Excel and other web-based Business Intelligence tools is preferred
- Strong leadership and organization skills and management experience
- Demonstrated experience in project/program management to guide business stakeholders to optimize project/program schedules
- Ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes and systems
- Solid understanding of the Agile methodology and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Working knowledge of accounting treatments and statistical reporting
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.