Sr. Systems Administrator
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a member of the System Administration team, you are responsible for applying skills and exercising knowledge to perform specified support functions. As part of the team -You will support critical applications and ensure the stability of services by performing dedicated maintenance activities. You engage in automation activities, perform root cause analysis (RCA), and remediation. Knowledge of production support process including incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and critical issue resolution procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Infrastructure Operations and Production Support of container technologies and orchestration platforms (Docker UCP Swarm and Kubernetes)
- Docker/Kubernetes deployment, configuration, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Openshift Enterprise implementation and Support
- Working with tools surrounding the Kubernetes ecosystem such as helm, kubeadm, Prometheus, FluentD etc.
- Working with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, terraform etc.)
- Working on Software Defined technologies (SDN and SDS)
- VMWare infrastructure support
- Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to staff.
- Proficient to expert scripting and automation skills converting manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation.
- Must have Strong Knowledge & experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations.
- Strong system security awareness and knowledge in OS hardening.
- Ability to operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
- Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering and Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines
- Working knowledge of monitoring and automation tools: Netcool, Splunk, BMC Patrol
- Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
- Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Expertise in Container technologies such as Docker, Open shift, Kubernetes is must.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, terraform etc.) is must
- Experience in Virtualization technologies such as, VMWare is a plus
- Expertise in infrastructure technologies such as HP and DELL hardware (Blades and Rack servers)
- Deep understanding of networking concepts
- Unix Systems Administration experience required
- Working knowledge any SDN and SDS
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Working knowledge of storage arrays and of Brocade storage switch technologies is a plus
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment, requiring shift support
- Working experience with infrastructure components (LAN/WAN/TCP IP)
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Strong understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Candidate must have demonstrated and be prepared to exhibit initiative and ownership of consistent delivery success
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
This position requires the incumbent to travel less than 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.