Lead System Analyst
- Foster, CA 96027, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet (OVN), is the Next Generation VisaNet. OVN will use best-in-class technology components to push the envelope as a highly scalable, secure, cost-effective and distributed application on commodity hardware. Open VisaNet (OVN) is one of Visa's Key initiatives which will help Visa support in-country and global processing solutions while providing Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Realizing the vision of OVN requires the collaboration of an exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure architects and business analysts. To support our development roadmap, we are creating a function to ramp up the creation and delivery of business requirements which articulate the current VisaNet business logic, both functional and non-functional. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Requirements and Business Analysis, this role in Foster City will be accountable for generation and publication of business requirements for more than 330 discrete services and functions.
- Define and document detailed functional and non-functional (performance and operational) requirements for OVN.
- Work with Architecture and development teams to refine and maintain templates for the requirements artifacts that will be produced by the team.
- Work with vendors to support the Knowledge Extraction process (reverse engineering of existing business logic), define artifact templates and use those artifacts efficiently in the documentation of requirements
- Work with Architects and development teams to ensure detailed requirements are accurate, complete and can be understood by a diverse group of users.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team on creation of testing artifacts.
- Manage the lifecycle of requirement artifacts to elaborate requirements of OVN as needed.
- Coach development teams on the specific processing requirements of Visa switching, clearing and settlement in relationship to OVN requirements.
- Participate as needed in presentations to and discussions with key clients and stakeholders to share details about OVN and its value to the payment processing environment.
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and prioritize deliverables.
- In addition to the responsibilities for requirements elaboration, the candidate will perform the role of a Product Owner on an assigned sprint team as needed.
- Acquire a good understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) concepts and play an active role in SAFe activities as required for the Product Owner role.
- Participate in Team Demos and Retrospectives
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 years of experience in information technology with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience with producing high quality requirements, documentation and user stories.
- Team player with broad experience collaborating with Subject Matter Experts, system architects and senior software engineers.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams across the globe.
- Ability to work across time zones as required.
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint and Wiki.
- Experience with advanced authoring software tooling such as Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, etc., or the aptitude to quickly adapt to using such tools as required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Capable of forming and advocating for an independent viewpoint.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating and communicating.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what's possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- 10+ year track record of relevant work experience and an undergraduate degree in Information Systems, English, Journalism, Communications, or a related technology focused field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about Visa systems or applications.
- Significant knowledge of the payment business and products and services provided by VisaNet.
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in Production is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 2-5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.