Senior Cyber Security Engineer (IDS/IPS Security)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unathorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cybersecurity has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In this senior role, you will responsible to manage various cloud security technologies for design ,development, operations and execution of large-scale cyber security initiatives. These initiatives involves technologies such as Intrusion detection (IDS) and prevention systems (IPS). As a senior position this role should continue to innovate towards Visa’s Cyber Security strategy and drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class security infrastructure. You will be working with a premier engineering team that develops, operates and supports a heterogeneous security infrastructure on a global scale for network and application defense. The role should have specialized knowledge and skill in network security and cloud security technologies. Performs research, analysis, and design of cloud security controls appropriate for the classification of data stored or processed in the enterprise. Works with vendors and control owners to modify, maintain and to resolve or manage security changes in business processes and security regulations. Highlights and communicates clearly any risks that an intended solution may pose to corporate security.
- Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions and provide recommendations
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and threats proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment
- Develop and expand API framework to interconnect Security Tools
- Excellent understanding of cyber security concepts
- Domain expertise of network security sensors: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) solutions such as McAfee,Alert Logic,Trend, Suricata etc
- Experience with open-source software security sensors ( IDS/IPS, Packet aggregators etc)
- Network technologies Routers, switches, Load Balancers etc
- Solid proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems
- Detail understanding of TCP/IP . How packets are consumed, processed and orchestrated
- Experience with PKI, SSL, SSH, HHTPS etc
- Knowledge of Restful web services (client – server application)
- Python scripting, Automation skills, Dev Ops skills etc is added plus
- Experience with network protocols and deep packet inspection
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- CISSP, CEH ,OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional ) is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in tuning of network sensors ( IDS/IPS)
- Minimum of 8 years of total experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information security, or information systems
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.