Lead Security Architect
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Security Architect, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Lead Security Architect will play a crucial role in setting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensuring that our data and applications throughout the Issuer Processing platform remain secure. The role will be responsible for working with our Global Information Security team to ensure that the Issuer Processing platform conforms to disciplined, industry best practices for information security. This highly visible position will be front and centre as we work to continuously modernise our solutions and change the way we apply technology across our systems. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning solutions built on traditional platforms, such as IBM Mainframe, HP NonStop infrastructure, and more modern deployments on "open" technology stacks.
As a key member of the architecture team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Gaining an understanding of our Current State and Target State Architecture and then working to define a strategy for our technical direction around security for the Issuer Processing Platform.
- Gather and analyse requirements from product owners
- Develop Security Architecture for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications that adhere to expected standards and discipline from a security posture
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable
- Introduce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long-term direction
- Lead and mentor other team members
- Foster development best practices within the team
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Facilitate communication with cross-functional groups
- Work with our product organisation to develop secure business requirements, develop the security
- architecture and integrate into our longer term platform strategy
- Define solution level security architecture for project and work with Visa's Global Information Security
- team on reviews and conformance to Visa's security standards
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying
- the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the information security space.
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases
What we’re after…
Extensive experience architecting, designing and developing large scale security solutions utilising a mixture of hardware and software technologies.
Experience building Security Architectures for Applications deployed on or with the following technologies/areas:
- Cloud Architecture and Deployment - AWS, Azure or GCS
- IBM Mainframe
- HP NonStop/Tandem
- Microsoft Windows
- SQL Server
- Mongo DB
- Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop)
- Working experience with Network Security
- Working knowledge of Data Security Best Practices:
- At Rest
- In Flight
- In Use
- Expert level experience with encryption technologies and techniques
- Ability to build Risk Models and analyse security weaknesses in complex technology deployments.
- Experience working with product teams on specifying Secure Application Requirements
- Experience with Payment Processing or Financial
- Services systems is considered a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.