Senior Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Senior Software Engineer
As part of the VIP Development Support and Tools group, you will be responsible for development, implementation, maintenance, and support for tools and automation. Our team supports the authorization system area, which includes developers, test engineers, and many other teams. You will be responsible for the source code repository and software configuration application for the authorization system team. Through this position, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to tools or processes. The tools that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- Experience in design, development, maintenance and support of development tools and utilities
- Experience with automation around development and testing/QA environments
- Experience in library systems: git, branching, merging, code deltas
- Experience in Linux, including shell scripting such as bash
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Experience with web services or RESTful APIs
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with Eclipse Plug-in development
- Experience with IBM z/TPF operating system
- Experience with node.js and micro service architectures
- Experience with C++, GoLang
- Financial Transaction knowledge: ISO8583, XML, JSON
- Working knowledge of source code and release management tools - Jira, Bitbucket, git
- Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, data collection
- Adhere to all security, change control and client processes, tools and methodologies
- Proven strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to write / read / debug programs in an online environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.