Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff Software Engineer, for the tyou will be part of our MAP PD Payments team to help design, enhance and build our Payments platform components that assist with transaction process in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be taking leadership roles working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional,distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see
if this will be a good fit.
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they
- respond to their business needs
- You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
- You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with
- providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming
- languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- You’ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services.-You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- you coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- you are passionate about taking the platform to next level.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Java/J2EE enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts , Angular and Web services.
- Strong Core Java and programming skills and comfortable with both front and back end development.
- Relational database and strong SQL development experience required; Experience with DB2, MySQL are preferred
- Experience with No-SQL database like Cassandra
- Experience in MicroService based architecture
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way
- Knowledge of continuous Integration using Buildforge, Jenkins and Gradle scripts
- Basic knowledge of UNIX, shell scripting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.