Sr. Software Configuration Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Software Configuration Analyst will be responsible for evaluating and implementing various technologies and tools to optimize Visa's Software Configuration Management tools and support infrastructure for scalability and efficiency. Also provide Host Software Configuration Management support to geographically distributed software development teams in a Mainframe environment. Duties will include the compiling, migration and installation of source code to multiple environments utilizing the All Fusion Change Manager tool (formally known as Endevor) and the SLiMS versions control tool for the TPF platform. In addition, provide administrative support of primary toolset, training and end user support, trouble shoot errors with migrations and primary toolset and act as contact with systems support.
Key responsibilities include:
• 1st level support for environment set-up and user help, access, and issue resolution
• Provide prompt and courteous service to clients via phone & e-mail
• Contribute information to project plans and meet stated deadlines.
• Be able to compose clear documentation and reports as well as prepare Power Point slides and give informational presentations
• Thorough programming knowledge of JCL, how to write JCL and troubleshoot abends. Create JCL for new processes as required.
• Perform simple and complex migrations using either the All Fusion Change Manager (Endevor) or SLiMS TPF Version Control tool.
• Fully utilize all functions of e-mail
• Create both simple and complex excel spreadsheets
• Code execs (i.e. REXX, CLIST, ISPF dialogs).
• Familiarity with and the use of TPX to access all necessary systems at VISA and configure TPX to match user needs
• Execute IBM utilities in foreground or batch and review output for errors/resolution.
• Provides 24x7 support for problem analysis, escalation and resolution
• Provides required on-going, regular maintenance for the mainframe toolset
• Supports cleanup and/or standardization of environments
• Creates and regularly reviews standardization of environments
• Assist with gathering and organizing metrics
• Trouble shoot errors with primary toolset and act as a contact with systems support
• Assist with gathering and compiling audit reports
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
The position also includes interfacing with other teams to collaboratively implement and improve SCM solutions that adhere to Visa Key Control policies. The SW Configuration analyst will work in a team environment and mentor junior team members.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
Engineering or Computer Science degree
Minimum 4 years relevant work experience in Software Configuration Management or similar environment
Experience in programing (COBOL, Visual Basic, Java, C, or similar technology)
Experience in Scripting Languages (REXX, CLIST, Bash, Python, or similar technology)
All Fusion Change Manager (Endevor)
Knowledge of JIRA as a user and ideally with the ability to develop workflows
Knowledge of Change Management tools such as ServiceNow
Familiar with Software Configuration Management best practices and standards
Knowledge of ITIL framework
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Self-motivated and adaptable to change
· Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
· Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.