CMDB Software Engineer -
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a CMDB Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The successful candidate will work as part of a global Enterprise Service Management team in support of all aspects of Visa’s global CMDB lifecycle using the ServiceNow product.
The candidate will work on issues & challenges encountered by the global organisation plus support the development of working prototypes of solutions to remediate these issues.
The role would ideally suit a graduate candidate educated to degree level with experience and a keen interest in software development.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Gather, review and prioritise customer requirements then develop and implement solutions which satisfy customer expectations.
- Identify requirement gaps to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution build and provide configuration options to meet specific requirements identifying respective pros and cons for each option.
- Analyse System log files and recommend changes and enhancements to applications and system configurations.
- Develop, System Test, Debug, Implement, and Document complex programs.
- Support project personnel in resolving program problems. Provides technical advice on alternatives / solutions relative to requirements.
- Analyse and create proof of concepts, designing, developing and customising business applications.
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs.
- Ensure best-practices are utilized for all configurations and customisations.
- Support the documentation of technical requirements / as built documentation.
- Support of multiple platform instances including Development, QA, and Production.
- Participate in project meetings/daily scrums and communicate development status.
What we’re after…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related discipline
- Mid-level experience with
- Frameworks such as AngularJS, NodeJS, Business Rules, Workflows, Client Scripts, UI Policy, UI Actions such as administering Users, Roles, Groups, ACLs.
- Complex SQL queries with multi table joins, APIs, web services and standard relational database concepts
- Understanding of Application Architectures, Network Topologies, and System Platforms including Physical, Virtualisation, Storage, and Containers.
- Ability to work with business users and clients and develop and document requirements.
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, management and customers in geographically dispersed locations and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Effective writing skills with the ability to document application configurations, system design and architecture.
- Understanding of requirements gathering,
- A working knowledge of CMDB including class structures and hierarchies.
- ServiceNow experience or certification with the following:
- Certification or experience with ServiceNow System Administration, Developer, Discovery and CMDB Query Builder.
- Experience of ServiceNow security features, catalog workflows, business rules, transform maps, scripting and reconciliation processes and capabilities.
- Knowledge of precedence-based job schedules, data imports, and building / testing external data sources.
- An understanding of Predictive Analytics
- Understanding of auto discovery concepts including development, managing and creating custom discovery patterns.
- ITIL v3/4 certified to Foundation level.
- Familiar with Prince 2, PPM, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma methodologies.
- Understanding of Enterprise Service Management concepts such as Change, Problem and Incident Management.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.