Director, North America Client Contracts Management
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As Director, you will be a member of the Visa’s Client Services Department in the Global Client Management group in North America. You will be responsible for providing lead, day-to-day legal and contract management support to account executives and other internal clients in Visa's Financial Institution Sales and Merchant Sales and Solutions teams in North America, with a particular focus on the drafting and negotiation of strategic alliance and incentive agreements with external Visa clients.
Draft, assess and negotiate various types of contracts.
Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals.
Contract approval coordination, contract file and database management, recurring and ad hoc reporting, etc.
Facilitate and participate in contract negotiations with internal partners and external parties
Document contract changes from initial draft through final execution
Distribute contracts (pre and post signature) to appropriate parties
Collaborate with Finance to fulfill Visa payment obligations
Work with in-house attorneys, Sales, Finance, and Audit to ensure contracts are developed and approved promptly
Maintain records and documents associated with the contracts
Participate in special assignments and provide ad hoc support and reporting as required
Lead to review best practices to enhance contract review processes.
Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Recommended Education: J.D. with strong academic credentials (and admitted to California Bar, a plus).
- Strong understanding of Visa Products and Services
- Previous contract background and experience, a plus
- Ability to work well with management and leaders across various functions throughout Visa
- Excellent reading, oral/written communication skills, negotiation skills and concise grammatical skills.
- Excellent contract drafting is a must
- Strong work ethic with a positive, results oriented, can-do attitude.
- Manages well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently
- Experience: 10+ years
- Experience in law firm and/or in-house environments.
- Background and knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred: the payment services industry and related credit and debit processing industries, banking and financial institutions laws and regulations, and/or antitrust and competition law.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and/or litigating complex commercial transactions, with superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills. Litigators will be considered.
- Strong people skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work on cross functional teams on complex deals and process.
- Versatility, ability to prioritize and handle a large number of matters, and ability to work effectively and collegially with a small team with significant workload.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently
- First-rate writing, drafting and oral advocacy skills are critical.
Work Hours - Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement - Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.