Sr. Director - Head of Small & Medium Enterprises (SME) – Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Sr. Director - Head of Small & Medium Enterprises (SME) – Asia Pacific does at Visa:
Visa is looking for an experienced and passionate subject matter expert to join our Business Solutions team in Singapore, who will be responsible for the product strategy, solution ideation, development, delivery and enablement of products and services in the Asia Pacific market for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME).
You will be involved in leading the execution of our business solutions strategy and working with the local leadership team, regional and global teams in delivering the plan for the business in AP.
A natural collaborator you will be a senior leader on the AP Business Solutions Team as well as the Global SME Management Team, developing a network of key stakeholder touchpoints including in-market Business Development Teams, Country Managers, Product & Solutions Hub team members, Visa Consulting and Analytics, Partnerships, Finance and Merchant Teams.
In addition you will be responsible for leading market development teams & activities to drive adoption and expansion of Visa Business Solutions, new partnerships and new revenue pool for respective cluster of IPVM (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar) derived from SME, Corporate and B2B payments.
Managing a team of Business Solutions experts the portfolio under management of all B2B payment programs including corporate, purchasing and small business card programs and related ancillary services. The individual will play a key role in building the strategy and executing against it with the cross-functional management teams of the cluster. Aligned to country plans, the individual will lead a team responsible for delivering on Business Solutions portfolio growth defined in the country scorecards. The focus is on expanding Core payment flows, identifying and capturing new payment flows (lending, digital, non-card solutions).
This role would ideally suit someone who enjoys new opportunities and working in an innovative and invigorating environment, which offers an immense growth potential for SME business plus the unique ability to manage a geographically based business unit in a rapidly expanding market.
- Curate and deliver on the SME Product Strategy within AP plus delivering the IPVM Business Solutions Strategy
- Responsible for formulating and executing on Business Solutions go-to-market approaches across the range of business solutions Visa offers in sync with Regional and Global objectives.
- Develop and own product expertise in SME and act as a subject matter expert to external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and own product expertise for the Visa Business Solutions market in IPVM.
- Understanding & exposure to the market challenges within the IPVM geography
- Ownership of the SME & IPVM VBS P&L through exceptional management of budget, Payment Volume, net revenues and market share.
- Act as a thought leader and represent Visa in various industry conferences, public settings, and formal speaking engagements to drive advocacy efforts.
- Manage a product solutions team that support the enablement of in-market Visa Business solutions resources to grow & fortify the SME segment.
- Execute short and long-term business planning, including the ongoing design and implementation of product enhancements supported by the Global Product and Platform organizations as well as other Visa Teams.
- Solve for clients’ and small businesses’ needs, develop a strategic SME product road map, and manage a team to execute. This includes product development, implementation, and marketing, to bring products and services to market.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Analytics, Global Technology, Global Information Security and Finance, to deliver product, platform, and analytic capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with products, brand and risk management standards.
- Set joint objectives and support performance targets for the function based on a strategic plan built with the Head of Business Solutions, Asia Pacific and Senior Director Product Solutions, IPVM.
- Analyze business opportunities along with country teams to increase volume and share implementing both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase revenue and profitability
- Help implement SME Business Solutions with issuers that improve the customer experience; increase revenue generation; and enhance mutual profitability
- Support sales enablement activities in IPVM market to drive adoption and ongoing usage of Visa’s suite of Business Products – including SME, Corporate and B2B solutions.
- Leverage appropriate Visa assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional business value
- In partnership with Regional and Global Business Solutions, Product, Merchant Sales, Client Support and marketing teams resources, contribute to developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for portfolio growth and innovation
- Serve as a key spokesperson and voice for SME Business Solutions
- Be a role model in everything that you do and a champion of Visa’s leadership principles
Why this is important to Visa
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. We are able to do this through our global network that connects all the participants.
VBS is a key business segment, which has a strong growth potential. This business rests on growing the penetration in the business segment; drawing in potential clients into the network and helping issuers address critical market demands of payments.
We not only support card based payments, but as a payment service provider are moving towards serving the needs of the business segment for non-card based payments as well, and providing other value added service.
We are committed towards building a viable and committed payment ecosystem of payments worldwide.
SME payments are among the fastest growing payment sectors, and you will lead, identify and deliver against current and future client and customer needs, sharing best practices and evolving the product strategy and roadmap.
What you will need:
- 10-15 years’ experience in product management and/or launching new products
- Have worked in top-tier financial institutions, consulting firm, payments network or financial services firm where you have developed strategies, led business development teams with individual goals and implemented the plan.
- Proven record of accomplishment of success and P&L Management. Small Business segment experience preferred
- The ability to translate analytics, research, and client/consumer needs into actionable plans and deliverables.
- Extensive industry and functional expertise, including product management, software development, contract negotiations, marketing and sales.
- Outstanding experience in strategy development and execution
- Exceptional leadership, influencing skills, stakeholder management and business acumen – think strategically to influence and drive tactical execution and prioritization.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally to Visa and be an ambassador for SME.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and create project teams to assist in execution and implementation of new products or services (Marketing, Sales, Operation, internal/external stakeholders)
- A passion and energy for people management and people development
What will also help:
- Solid understanding of the payment industry and domestic and cross border payment flows
- Knowledge of new developments in the payments industry, challenges therein, industry participants, regulatory changes, key market participants and have a view of the future of the payments ecosystem
You will be a part of:
- Regional VBS Leadership team
- A team driving B2B payments for domestic and international flows
- A growing payments ecosystem that offer both card based and non-card based solutions
- Creating new payment experiences and flows
- Working with Visa teams in other parts of the world