Head of Regulatory Risk - Risk Europe
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as Head of Regulatory Risk, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role will:
· Lead the continued implementation, enhancement and embedding of the Visa Europe Limited (“VEL”) strategy for managing and overseeing excellent relationships with those regulators across the Europe region which have supervisory powers over VEL
· Be part of the VEL Risk Function’s leadership team, developing and leading a team of X employees
· Work closely with her/ his counterpart in Global Risk in to which s/he may have a dual/ solid/ dotted reporting line, as determined by the Global CRO and VEL CRO
· Work closely with colleagues in Government Engagement, Compliance and Legal.
The role reports in to the Chief Risk Officer, Europe.
Role and Responsibilities
Given the increasing complexity and demands of regulatory supervision in VEL’s markets, this role is a significant contributor to the success of VEL and Global Risk.
You will be responsible for:
· Developing and delivering an overall strategy for proactively fostering positive and cooperative relationships with those regulators across the Europe region which have supervisory powers over VEL, meeting expectations of regulators and internal clients (including Government Engagement, Legal, Compliance, Products, Finance)
· Developing and delivering a mature framework for identifying, monitoring, and managing relationships with those regulators across the Europe region which have supervisory powers over VEL for the purpose of:
o Supporting supervisory engagements
o Ensuring continued compliance with local supervisory requirements
o Ensuring a consistent approach for topics that are relevant, not only across the Europe region but also across other Global regions, and
o Proactively managing the growing interest from multiple regulators
· Establishing and maintaining efficient and effective processes, procedures and tools for fulfilling the objectives of this role, including management of:
o Supervisory reporting obligations from VEL’s regulatory supervisors across the Europe region
o Responses to supervisory inquiries from VEL’s regulatory supervisors across the Europe region
o Documentation on regulatory requests and responses
· Developing management information, metrics and analysis to inform business decision-making, and to allow measurement of progress against goals and desirable outcomes
· Establishing and maintaining a structured approach to working in partnership with other functions in VEL which have regulatory responsibilities, including Government Engagement, Compliance and Legal, leveraging respective skills and experience to deliver more than the sum of the parts, ensuring a coordinated approach, an articulated external “single voice”, and avoiding unnecessary duplication
· Establishing and maintaining excellent professional working relationships with:
o Relevant internal stakeholders, including at VEL’s most senior levels, for example the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors, and
o The VP Regulatory Risk and Governance and Supervisory Risk Directors in other regions to drive a consistent approach for topics that are relevant across regions and to share best practice in managing supervisory relations
· Coordinating timely and quality responses to reporting requirements and requests from VEL’s regulatory supervisors across the Europe region
· Supporting VEL to secure or renew regulatory operating licenses in the Europe region
· Providing top quality written and verbal briefings to senior internal stakeholders (including Board members)
· Maintaining a strong awareness of regulatory developments in payments and financial services across the Europe region for the purpose of providing insights into emerging topics impacting the supervision of VEL
· Providing support to the Chief Risk Officer, Europe in identifying key regulatory and supervisory topics for escalation to the VEL leadership team, Board and Global Risk
· Supporting, training and sharing expertise with other colleagues in VEL and globally
· Developing and leading a “best in class” regulatory supervision department, hiring and maintaining a motivated team recognised by Executive Management and Global Risk Executives as:
o Experts in their field
o Professional and business-aware
o Proactive and solutions-focused
o Constructive and proportionate in their challenge
o Approachable and collaborative
· As part of the Risk Europe leadership team:
o Developing and driving a Risk Europe culture that supports delivery of the Risk Europe strategy;
o Developing the Risk Europe operating model to be more strategic, dynamic and productive; and
o Delivering Risk Europe’s key initiatives
· Working closely with his/ her opposite number(s) in Global Risk so Risk Europe benefits from Global Risk policies, procedures and tools to optimise efficiencies and deliver appropriate consistency
· Supporting delivery of Global Regulatory Risk and Governance’s strategy and objectives, contributing to and drawing on the global Risk environment (the Virtuous Circle)
What we're after..
· Educated to degree level in a technical or business discipline or equivalent work experience
· Fluent in English (verbal and written)
· Proficient with Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook
Experience and Exposure
· Deep knowledge of the UK and wider European payments and / or financial services regulatory, political and market environment, competitive landscape, technology and major trends affecting key stakeholders including the rising threat of data breaches
· Track record of influencing regulators, Non-Executive, Executive and Senior Management in a global and / or matrixed environment
· Proven ability to build credible-long term effective working relationships, both internally and externally
· Highly experienced in preparing/reviewing/delivering executive level communications, both written and oral
· Strong external network through which s/he can share industry best practice and learn about forthcoming initiatives which may impact on VEL/ Visa Inc
· Team leadership and management experience
· International experience
· An effective leader with the intellectual rigour and business acumen needed to make sound judgements and handle complex situations and information
· A excellent team player with the ability to organise and mobilise colleagues, and build and maintain effective partnerships, both internally and externally
· A questioning mind that proactively looks for pragmatic and innovative approaches to regulatory issues
· A results-orientated, highly-motivated leader who functions well in a global, matrix organisation
· Highly collaborative with exemplary interpersonal skills, including influencing and stakeholder management
· Takes full ownership of assigned responsibilities, and driven to go beyond the minimum requirements, not a “check-the-box” mentality
· Organised and structured in thinking and approach to work, able to juggle multiple assignments, with a keen sense of priorities balanced between strategic thinking and execution
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· The ability to coach and give effective development feedback to colleagues.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.