Financial System Manager - Reporting, Finance Systems Strategy
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories. The Global FSS team executes the approach of the technology solutions implemented to support the global Finance organization.
Visa is currently seeking a seasoned Financial Systems Manager to play a critical role in Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, This role will design data solutions to automate business and system processes to meet business needs. The role defines best practices in the business information processes, functional design and implementation of data sourcing, validation and consumption to support various finance projects and stakeholders. Responsible for solution quality, functional performance, scalability and usability. Provides architectural and “big picture” oversight for the implementation.
The Financial Systems Manager role will work in a matrixed role, collaborating with the various Finance functions, FSS groups and technology to ensure alignment of Finance data solutions to the long-term application strategy and analytical reporting.
This is an individual contributor role.
- Collaborate with business partners and IT team to develop comprehensive and concise reporting requirements and user stories.
- Help drive financial reporting solutions for medium to large projects in a complex and high volume payment transaction-processing environment.
- Challenge status quo and bring new methods and techniques to the work force.
- Provide guidance to IT on functional design of the reporting requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in FSS and various Business groups
- Gather requirements and develop dashboards and Analytical reporting templates
- Effectively partner with IT to define and implement Anlytical Dashboards and Reporting
- Synthesize very complex data findings into logical conclusions and impact assessments for executive management recommendations
- Ability to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of multiple finance systems supporting the various Finance departments (i.e. Controllers; FP&A; Revenue Operations; Billing; Tax & Transfer Pricing; Financial Operations; etc)
- Flexibility to lead change and adapt to changing business needs
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Experience in the Corporate Finance systems with the focus on Reporting.
- Experience in working with Finance applications reporting and providing the industry best practices to the user community
- 5+ years of experience working with Finance Data and Reporting solutions
- Implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, testing, & go-live)
- Experience supporting large projects (>$3M) budgets, risks, resources, and staffing
- This position requires proven analytical and reporting experience with Finance systems within a global organization
- 10+ years Financials systems experience with Reporting focus(Management, Functional support, Analysis, and Reporting)
- Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in leading testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing for large transformation programs.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling
- 5+ Years of experience in developing Reporting templates and dashboards using Tableau, Power BI and SSAS.
- OBIEE with Esbase and/or Microstrategy is beneficial
- Excellent SQL skills
- Knowledge of Big Data/Hadoop
- Experience with one or more Cubing technologies like Essbase, TM1, SSAS, AtScale, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes and systems
- Working knowledge of accounting treatments and statistical reporting and General Ledger Applications
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.