Senior Network Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Senior Network Analyst, we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The Snr. Network Analyst delivers technical network services by designing, maintaining and developing the network environment, analysis of business requirements, identifying opportunities and pursuing these in line with business objectives, with a particular focus on data systems, process and documentation. This role is also to provide 1st to 3rd line support and infrastructure project assistance across the business which includes being an escalation point for all IT Service Desk requests and be part of the wider IT Operations team.
The main function of the team is to provide support to the end users, maintain and support our infrastructure including the cloud-based environments and services. The team is formed of 6 members (2 Junior Analysts, 1 Desktop Support Manager, 1 System administrators, 1 Infrastructure Analyst and one Network/Windows Analyst). The Snr. Network Analyst sits within the IT Winnet Operations team which is part of a bigger team, IT Operations and is going to work closely with IT Infrastructure Manager on maintaining and delivering improvements of the different levels of the infrastructure
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Last line of escalation for network support incidents escalated from junior Analysts
- Responsible for all datacenter network hardware and respond to any problems/incidents with a resolution (including critical out of working hours issues – this has involved several 24 hour shifts this year as we phased out old, failing hardware)
- Project management of all critical network infrastructure implementations ensuring systems are well planned, accurately built to spec, delivered on time and well documented
- Work with other teams across the company to spec and build solutions for their needs
- Manage the delivery of technical solutions for recurring technical issues, ensuring that long term fixes are implemented to prevent any repeat failures
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network devices
- Working with and configuring network devices/having an excellent understanding of the entire Earthport network and traffic flow
- Producing technical documentation for all new systems and implementations
- Attending technical workshops and being the authority on design decisions
- Firm understanding of company security policies/ISO 21001 and how to build systems to adhere to them
What we’re after…
- Experience with various methods of load balancing
- Extensive Palo Alto and Cisco ASA experience
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacentre Zones, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec, TustSec).
- Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Strong knowledge of WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- Experience working on telephony systems (Mitel) and video conferencing environments (Cisco or Polycom)
- Experience using Cisco Wireless technologies and ISE - NAC (802.1X)
- F5 BIG-IP (LTM, ASM)
- Exposure to Nexus Switches
- SQL server management
- Web development and SharePoint
- Terraform and deployment automation
Your Personal Attributes
- Experienced in project managing large IT projects and seeing them through from spec, plan, implementation and documentation
- Work well with colleagues at any level and across the organisation
- Keen to learn and enthusiastic about embracing new technologies
- Significant experience within Corporate IT.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.