Staff Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across) globally. To stay ahead of the rapidly changing security landscape especially with globalization of Visa's business and newer form factors of access via new devices, IOT etc., has direct impact on IAM Services. IAM team is rapidly growing and has a global presence in Singapore, Beijing, Bangalore, London, Austin and Foster City.
Are you interested to be part of a dynamic diverse team of industry’s leading IAM/Security professionals?
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work and lead in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation IAM technology stack at Visa.
What is important for us:
- Security First – Our team focuses on security in everything we do and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to like minds.
- Curiosity – Be curious; ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
- Ownership – We have clients and customers who embodies complete trust on us because we show them we own what we do in every sense. We expect every team member completely own the activity he/she is responsible.
- Agility – Be open for a change and acclimate to them.
Essential Functions: As a Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Establish strong engineering best practices.
- Own IAM Projects and implementation tracks from ideation to production operationalization.
- Build integrations using Sailpoint and ServiceNow.
- Design, develop and testing of IAM components: Services in SOAP/REST, Core Java, JS Frameworks and Python.
- Integrate with Data Analytics platform which includes Big Data Stack like HDFS, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search.
- Deploy & Use 3rd party IAM products like Oracle Identity Manager, Azure AD, Sail point or ForgeRock.
- BS/MS in EC/CS/IT & 7 + years of solid hands-on experience as programmer/developer with specialization in Java and J2EE.
- At least 2 years of experience building full stack applications using Angular.js, Node.js or React.
- At least 4 + years of solid experience in Sail point and any Access Management Tools like OAM, ForgeRock or Okta
- Strong inter-personnel, analytical & communication skills
- Experience working with a global team operating in different time zones.
- Experience building platform APIs and SDKs
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Prior knowledge of Apache big data analytics tools and /or Elastic Search
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.