Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
The Senior Director will be a member of Visa's Corporate Strategy Team, leading Marketplace & Competitive Insights for North America. This is not an intelligence gathering role only. He / she will also be responsible for leading strategy projects and developing actionable recommendations in response to marketplace and competitor moves.
Projects will span Visa Inc.'s corporate strategy, business development, and corporate strategic initiatives. The position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area with some travel expected. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the VP of Corporate Strategy who leads Global Marketplace & Competitive Insights. On occasion, this person will have indirect oversight of other team members.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master’s / MBA/ PhD)
- Solid expertise n payments or financial services is required
- Prior experience working in management consulting is also required
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
- 12 to 15 years total experience with 5+ years of post-graduate experience in management consulting or corporate strategy preferred
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
- Experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry is highly preferred.
- You will lead major project workstreams related to Visa Inc.'s corporate strategy, marketplace & competitive intelligence, business development, or corporate initiatives
- You will structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
- You will build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development
- You will develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
- You will work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
- You will communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way
- You will provide continuous coaching and training to strategy teams
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel up to 10-15%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.