Senior Finance Manager –Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Partner
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be part of a Global organization, a local market and a One Finance team.
The One Finance team includes a Controllership function, a Sourcing Function and a Business Partnering team (FP&A). The FP&A team consists of two team members directly supporting the Head of Finance and key business stakeholders with making business decisions.
What a Senior Finance Analyst FP&A does at Visa:
Working in the dynamic Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific market, you will take the lead in supporting the understanding of what drives our business success by providing insightful analysis and closely interacting with senior leaders, both within the market as well as at our Asia Pacific hub. The successful candidate will lead and be highly influential with assessing business investment opportunities, preparing and managing revenue and contra revenue assumptions conducting investment reviews, providing deep analytical insights into key business drivers and assisting with the preparation of the monthly P&L.
Why this is important to Visa
This role directly influences business investment opportunities as well as provides key insights and understanding to drive best decision making. You can expect to gain unprecedented business, commercial and industry understanding. With frequent exposure to the senior leadership team and decision makers, positioning yourself for endless career opportunities.
What you will need:
You can demonstrate a passion for Visa’s business by displaying a strong sense of urgency and ability to solve challenging business problems. Possessing a curious mindset, inquisitive by nature with a thirst to wanting to understand what drives our business. With an unquenched desire to gain experience and learn about Visa’s business, your approach should be thoughtful, analytical and data intensive. You will be proactive, resourceful with a ‘can do’ attitude, a self-starter that thrives about thinking ‘what’s next’ and doing it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics or a related quantitative field
- At least 8 years of relevant FP&A experience
- Strong business acumen and commercial acumen
- Proven expertise with advanced modelling techniques, outstanding ability to manage large data sets. Demonstrated expertise with Excel and data warehouse systems.
- Outstanding at translating data analysis into meaningful business insights to drive decisions.
- Must be detail oriented, accuracy and high quality output is paramount
- Strong bias for action by proactively identifying and resolving issues
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate cross-functionally along all levels of management
- Identify the information needs and requirements of internal clients to ensure completeness and accuracy of reports
- Build strong relationships throughout the business, providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
What will also help:
- Understanding of Visa’s business is preferred but not necessary
- Hands-on experience on Hyperion/TM1 and Oracle systems would be an added advantage
- Proficient with PowerPoint and other Office tools e.g. Teams, Notes etc.
Projects you will be a part of:
You will be part of a dynamic finance team assisting senior business leaders make decisions. From new investment opportunities to annual operating plans, to structuring new deals to building multiyear strategic business plans. You will be in the thick of all decision making and relied upon to guide senior executives to make the best decisions.
Working cross functionally among senior leaders, you will gain unrivalled exposure to fast track your career at Visa. If you are ambitious this opportunity will keep you busy.