Senior Employee Relations Manager
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Employee Relations Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Europe is seeking a Senior Employee Relations Manager in our Paddington office to partner with the broader HR function and leadership across Europe, providing specialist advice and support on employee relations issues. We need specialist ER experience for this role.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide day-to-day specialist advice and ER leadership on case management, including handling grievances, performance / conduct issues, sickness absence and settlement agreements.
- Partner with HR Managers and HRBPs to support managers in addressing gaps in performance, facilitating the necessary interventions in order to drive an effective outcome.
- Conduct workplace investigations into complex situations, synthesize data, identify root causes and recommend actions with necessary partners.
- Ownership of the case management system (Navex), utilising to analyse, track and report ER trends proactively, including external trends and best practice, to create a positive organisational culture and in support of building manager capability.
- Enhance ER capability amongst line managers and HR partners through knowledge building, coaching and the development of effective tools and guidelines.
- Serve as subject matter expert on organisational change initiatives, including restructuring and redundancies/settlement arrangements.
- Manage, review and develop ER policies and related processes in conjunction with Legal, Compliance and other relevant stakeholders, maintaining an oversight of legislative changes on the horizon.
- Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
- Vendor and supplier relationship management and oversight of supplier agreements and programmes.
- Ensure and maintain effective processes in place for approvals and financial accruals.
- Providing input to payroll on severances on a monthly basis in conjunction with HRMs.
- Assist with DSARS when required in collaboration with the Data Privacy Office.
What we’re after…
- Proven ability to apply judgement to make sound recommendations and decisions.
- Display high level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Team player with customer mindset and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively and confidently with all levels of employees, managers and executives.
- Experience coaching managers on performance and conduct matters.
- Good understanding of UK employment law and familiarity with regulations across Europe.
- Successful implementation and project management of operational HR process across multiple countries.
- Solid experience in case management, including the use and development of case management and reporting systems.
- Ability to handle and prioritise a high case load.
- Resourcefulness and ability to understand impact of actions and decisions.
- Demonstrable change management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative mindset, with an ability to work with and present data and trends in a meaningful way.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Solid HR experience, including employee relations expertise.
- Ideally CIPD qualified and educated to degree level or equivalent
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.