Director, HR Business Partner
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking 3 Director, HR Business Partner to support the following business units: Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A), Marketing & Communications, and Risk & Legal.
These Directors acts as the primary business partner to support clients within the Business Functions organization. These individuals will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives and will have a business-focused mindset to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies. These individuals will have responsibility for clients in multiple geographic locations and partner with the HR leadership team on planning and delivering HR programs and services to the business. These Directors will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to functional executives serving as the expert on people and organizational issues. The successful candidates will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
• Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives
• Drive an effective client-service HR team that instills company-wide trust and value for the HR function
• Ensure that strategic human capital goals and initiatives in client groups align as appropriate cross the broader organization
• Ensure that human resource costs and services are aligned with organizational goals
• Critical Competencies for Success
• Relationship Building/Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry
- Understand business strategies and how to develop high impact human capital solutions
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
- Consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Help foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, and retention issues which may include: Annual reviews, Leadership coaching, Career pathing, Advanced HR reporting and metrics, Special project assistance
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences and other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Have executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Serve as a role model and thought leader on Human Capital issues and coaches other HRBPs in their development
- Experience designing and delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement
- Cultural Change
- Organizational Design
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of successful HR business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries working in progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Manage medium to enterprise-wide projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience in working effectively across all levels of an organization
- Hands on approach willing to roll up sleeves to deliver results
- Experience in a growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- Successful implementation of operational and strategic programs and processes across a dispersed region
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
Strong Intellect: Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical: Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values and Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa’s Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence). Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
Results Oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR’s impact and how HR is an integral part of the company’s business strategy.
Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
Self-starter: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.