Director (Production Support - Critical Systems)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Risk Systems will lead the team responsible for developing, testing and supporting the critical Advanced Authorization suite of Risk applications. The applications make use of predictive modelling to analyze historical and current data to predict fraud risk for authorization transactions, thus enabling Visa Issuers to manage associated risk. The role requires a firm understanding of software testing, deployment, and support in open systems environments. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, good communicator, have demonstrable expertise in software engineering and above all be customer and team focused. The candidate will work closely with peers in the development and test engineering teams within Network Processing as well as senior management and other groups across the organization.
- Take a leadership role in managing a team of production support and test engineers, ensuring that staff are fully engaged, satisfied and productive
- Be responsible for and the custodian of the Risk Systems production environment. Be quality focused with a keen eye to deliver quality and sustainability – driving others to do the same. Work with the team to ensure that the right processes, tools and metrics are in place.
- Ensure that our production systems are always available and provide whatever effort is required to achieve this absolute objective. You must deliver software and systems to the highest levels of security at Visa.
- Define schedule for rolling out software releases in production environment. Instill best practices including adherence to the golden rules for all production changes.
- Provide guidance to test engineers with a focus on test automation and performance tools
- Develop and nurture team by motivating, mentoring, and assisting in hiring critical talent
- Manage projects, taking absolute ownership with end-to-end planning, resource management and communications
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of software engineering experience. Must have solid experience working with cross-geographical teams.
- Experience managing a team of production support and test engineers in a Windows/Linux based environment using Java, C++ and open source technologies
- Must have 8+ years of experience in developing, testing and supporting mission-critical systems in a high availability business environment
- Prior experience in the payments or similar space covering the design and implementation of fault tolerant systems (think 99.999% availability) is highly desirable
- Must have specific and demonstrable experience in improving software productivity, work processes, test methods and production support capability
- Good working knowledge of software development and project management methodologies and the role of technology resources in support of those methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and inter-personal skills
- MS degree in computer science, information systems or a related technical discipline
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.