Director, Business Development - Digital Partnerships, FinTech & Ventures
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships, FinTech & Ventures team is responsible for identifying, structuring, and executing strategic partnerships and business development efforts with regional and/or global digital companies. Digital Partnerships works closely with a variety of internal teams to oversee partnerships that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. Additionally, the team drives pipeline development, evaluation, and commercial agreements with companies with investment potential in close alignment with Visa Ventures, and spearheads our FinTech expansion efforts. The Digital Partnerships team operates globally, covering each of Visa’s key regions including North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Director, Business Development is a highly visible and strategic role responsible for driving incremental Visa revenue via commercial agreements with a diverse set of partners across a variety of verticals including, but not limited to; telcos, e-commerce, FinTech, etc.
- Spearhead end-to-end business development lifecycle from sourcing, to structuring and negotiating deal terms, to contract execution with a diverse set of partners in Latin America.
- Identify, size, and assess commercial partnership opportunities and identify previously un-scoped opportunities that can unlock long-term strategic value to Visa.
- Identify, alongside partners, opportunities to deploy additional Visa products, services, and network capabilities at scale such as push payments, tokenization, card issuance, etc.
- Develop a unique and innovative approach to building a partnership framework that can be deployed at scale across Latin America.
- Engage with cross-functional (MSA, Product, Sales, Processing, etc.) teams to identify white-space partnership opportunities to pursue in Latin America.
- Build and nurture ecosystem relationships with key stakeholders such as startup founders/CEOs, partner leadership teams, VC firms, etc.
- Identify, engage, and structure commercial/partnership terms with companies that may qualify as investment candidates for Visa Ventures.
- Best description of the ideal candidate can be summed up as someone that embodies the “spirit of a pirate, with the skills of a Navy Seal.”
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience across Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Program Management with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-12 years of work experience across Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Consulting or Investment Banking. Entrepreneurial experience (e.g., startup) in a business development and partnerships role is particularly valuable, but not required.
- Superior understanding or interest for the Latin American region, preferably with knowledge of the financial services (especially payments) and digital commerce sectors.
- Superior client/partner management skills with previous exposure and engagement with senior leadership teams.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to challenging partner negotiations and opportunities encountered in complex, and dynamic environments such as Latin America.
- Ability to influence key members of the Visa and the partner organization.
- Rock-solid commercial acumen and solid business judgment with the ability to think like an entrepreneur and execute quickly.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups.
- Results driven, flexible and both internally and externally customer/partner focused.
- Self-motivated, ability to solve problems with little direction/supervision.
- Native level Fluency in Spanish and English, Portuguese highly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, executing, and managing strategic partner relationships. Experience with digital companies preferred, but not required.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to reach commercially attractive deal terms for Visa and the partner.
- Data-driven, superior analytical skills with the ability and experience of building sound business cases, partner account plans, strategic plans relevant to the market, and multi-year partnerships.
- Ability to quickly understand Visa products, solutions, and capabilities with the ability to embed this understanding into partner discussions, commercial agreements, etc.
- Excellent partner-facing communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
- A track record of working cross functionally and delivering measurable results, while managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly entrepreneurial, willingness to push the envelope and champion the need to embrace non-traditional partners and reinvent processes, products, engagement approach, company culture, etc
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law