Director, Consumer Solutions (Debit)
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Consumer Solutions team manages Consumer Credit, Debit and Prepaid card products and Loyalty solution, and develop value propositions aligned to Visa’s and clients’ strategies and business plans to accomplish the goal – “Driving Cashless in Japan”. The team supports clients’ objectives such as achieving top of wallet acquisition, and growing per-account as well as total spend with a clear focus on delivering thought leadership on Consumer card products strategy development and execution, Consumer solution diversification such as Affluent and Debit/Prepaid, and Loyalty solution digital transformation and management.
What a Debit Solution Director does at Visa:
Based in Tokyo, this Director will be an integral member of the Consumer Solutions team to execute the updated Debit strategy. With the rapid changes in market such as emerging FinTechs and expanding future of commerce in mind, the Director will be responsible to manage projects with bank clients to drive integration of Debit as a core component to the bank’s retail banking strategy in the following ways:
- Drive “Debit 3.0” strategy execution to grow the market in Japan by increasing the number of Debit cards, activation and per card spend.
- Manage projects with issuers for enhanced cardholder value proposition, optimized card acquisition process and accelerated marketing activities through developing best practice customized for the Japan market.
- Manage projects with issuers to drive digital transformation of Visa Debit cardholder experience through implementation of Pays and issuer wallet app.
- Initiate and manage product research through use of tools and resources of Visa, clients and 3rd parties to make proactive recommendations to clients.
- Establish and manage positive, beneficial, and constructive relationships with client stakeholders, and execute product strategy with deep understanding of client’s business objectives and strategy.
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa operations in response to specific client requests and ensure delivery of support to clients as and when required.
- Achieve specific product, volume and revenue targets.
- Bring global best practices through thought-leadership over coordinating relationships with Visa Global, Asia Pacific HUB Product counterparts and local peers.
Why this is important to Visa
Visa Debit is central to Visa’s growth and diversification strategy in Japan and this role will be an integral part of the strategy through making Debit as “new norm” for Japanese consumers under new lifestyle in the market.. Through offering a convenient, reliable and secure payment experience with Debit, Visa can achieve its global vision of being the best way to pay and be paid, and, within Japan, significantly contribute to driving cashless in the market.
What you will need:
- 5-8+ years of professional experience in payment, retail banking, FinTechs or IT industry; multi-national company experience preferred; Overseas studying & work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated working experience in end-to-end product management including product strategy development/execution and product level P&L assessment/management.
- Understanding of the domestic payments landscape and key drivers, opportunities and headwinds (preferred).
- Extensive experience in delivering new and emerging digital solutions.
- Strategic thinking, self-motivated and results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Strong team orientation, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Proven presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities.
- Fluent in English and Japanese, both written and verbal
What will also help:
- Proactive in building and managing strong and influencing relationships with clients, Visa Global and Asia Pacific HUB Product counterparts.
- Highly proficient in consumer research/data analytics, product customer value proposition design and ongoing portfolio and lifecycle management.
- Highly competent in his/her knowledge across all Visa Products, but has access to and will call upon Visa Product SMEs where appropriate to support the client.