Senior Cyber Security Engineer
- Bengaluru, KA, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unathorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cybersecurity has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Over 8 years of experience in Cybersecurity domain and excellent understanding of cyber security concepts
Database Security (Must have):
- Experience with Imperva and/or IBM Guardium database activity monitoring solutions
- Experience in database security and administration (Oracle, MySQL/SQL, DB2)
- Experience working with Big Data platforms/non-relational databases
- Experience working with Hadoop, Mongo, Cassandra and other NoSQL DBs
- Experience developing Data Analytics/Anomaly detection algorithms
Application Logging (Must have):
- Expertise in Log aggregation, Correlation and alerting using commercial and Opensource tools
- Experience in administration of commercial and Opensource SIEM solutions
- Experience with Splunk, QRadar, Sumologic, ELK, SyslogNG, Kafka, Fluentd
- Expert Python Scripting, Perl, Shell scripting and SecDevOps/automation
- Excellent experience with Regular Expressions
- Knowledge of SSDLC processes
- Required knowledge of open source and commercial application security tools and frameworks, including but not limited to Kali Web application testing tools
- Excellent understanding of OWASP Risks, Vulnerabilities and Mitigation Mechanisms
- Experience with Web Application Firewall management and rules
- Well versed in system exploits (e.g. Buffer Overflows, PTH attacks, windows authentication framework etc.)
- Excellent understanding of common network and web protocols
- Excellent understanding of DDoS techniques and mitigation mechanisms
- Sound understanding and experience with AWS, Azure
Cyber Defense and Incident Response (Plus):
- Solid understanding of events, related fields in log records and alerts reported by various data sources such as Windows/Unix systems, IDS/IPS, AV, HIDS/HIPS, WAFs, firewalls, and web proxies
- Prior experience in Security Operations and Incident Response
- Excellent understanding of Cyber Security Operations, Incident Response processes
Educational, Certifications and Other:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player
- CISSP, SANS GPEN, SANS GXPN, SANS GIAC, SANS GREM, AWS Security
- OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional ) is a Plus
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information security, or information systems from Tire-I University / College
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.