Consulting Manager: Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA team within Japan provides a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients in Japan, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management and digital strategy.
What a Consulting Manager does at Visa:
This role in Japan will be responsible for delivering consulting engagements for one of our largest financial institution clients in Japan, enabling growth and improved profitability across their payments business.
Typically, 1-3 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, product design and launch, development of industry landscape evaluations to inform payments strategies, and optimization of client customer experience and supporting processes.
A Consulting Manager is responsible for significant components of client engagements, and in some cases end to end delivery. Typically, this will involve interacting with the client team, gathering and managing project inputs, analyzing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Support the preparation of client project proposals, providing input to objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, dependencies, roles and responsibilities
- Develop fact base by undertaking client interviewing, collecting and analyzing inputs such as client data, process flows, policies, competitive, industry and environmental information
- Analyze Visa and client data to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with data science team members to leverage advanced data analytics capabilities
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement; leverage relevant VCA methodologies, frameworks and global best practices
- Collaborate with other functional teams to gain insights and support client engagement and execution
- Design and deliver compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly; at times physically support implementation at the client site
What you will need:
- Native level Japanese and at least business level English proficiency
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong team orientation with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
What will also help:
- Experience in payments or retail banking industry
- Experience in project management
- Experience in customer experience design (using human centered design / design thinking)
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.