Director, Account Management - Visa Business Solutions
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Business Solutions provides issuers and their corporate clients a suite of value added services, products and capabilities to simplify the critical processes that businesses perform daily. These critical processes include managing expenses, compliance, vendors and reporting. They also provide analysis for corporates in order to make informed business and financial decisions about employee and company spend. Business Solutions also facilitate payments between buyers and suppliers, using online solutions or APIs. The Director Account Manager provides strategic support to North American banks and partners regarding Visa’s suite of commercial products and B2B payment support. This role will be a subject matter expert on appropriate products, and will function as consultant to very large strategic clients, ensuring clients’ objectives are achieved.
This role also provides support to financial institutions and partners for Visa B2B Connect product. B2B Connect is Visa’s high-value, cross-border payments solution which is designed to give financial institutions a simple, fast and secure way to process cross-border business-to-business payments globally. This role has responsibility for end-to-end client delivery and operations and calls for collaboration and partnership with cross-functional leadership across Client Services, Sales, Product, and Technology. The candidate should understand industry best practices and have client-facing technical consulting experience, and demonstrate breadth of knowledge in transaction banking and treasury management solutions. Requires client-focused mindset.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgment in resolving issues and making recommendations. Owner of the Client Operational Relationship. Represents the full suite of value added services and supports card based needs of the client. Identifies opportunities and risks, engages Sales, Product, and Technology to proactively address in partnership.
- Lead complex cross regional or cross-functional customer service delivery initiatives and work towards achieving client and key stakeholder acceptance of deliverables.
- Manage and own all facets of operational relationship with our large, strategic financial institutions that issue Visa commercial card product. Includes developing account plans and maintaining client profiles.
- Provide insight and input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact their clients.
- Consult and collaborate with large financial institution clients and partner institutions and provide technical expertise to structure effective programs.
- Coordinate directly with client to understand program set up requirements and facilitate new program installations, conversions and business requests without client impact.
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to management.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues.
- Act as a mentor and train team members.
- Manage non-routine, complex processing and product requests, as well as tactical and strategic client initiatives.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality, revenue and efficiency.
- Responsible to find trends and opportunities to bring the client’s operational support to a strategic level.
- Build and enhances positive working relationships with key Visa client institutions, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system/platform enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa Business Solutions and commercial products and services.
- Represent complex customer enhancement requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify and analyze processing issues and trends with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support product, platform enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing.
- Responsible for own work-flow assignments and must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
- Produce quarterly customer and departmental reporting for tracking customer or service issues
- Attend and deliver valuable content to client Quarterly Business Reviews
- Develop and provide presentations to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership and communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution
CAN BE BASED IN OUR HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO or ASHBURN, VA Locations.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Work experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, commercial card, software or information services is required.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Knowledge of bank international payment operations, international wire payments and interbank correspondent bank operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
- Commercial payment card experience.
- Treasury banking experience.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions.
- Able to set priorities and influence others.
- Ability to manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Advanced public speaking skills
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.